The Operating Room has twelve operating suites and one cystoscopy room. It provides surgical services, excluding non-emergency C-sections, on an inpatient, as well as outpatient, basis. Anesthesia is available through Anesthesia Associates of Macon, but local anesthesia procedures are also done. General and CVOR call teams are available during non-staffing hours to provide 24/7 coverage. POSITION SUMMARY:
Provides professional surgical nursing care to patients utilizing the nursing process. Collaborates with other members of the health care delivery team, including physicians, to deliver quality health care. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Qualifications: EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process utilizing standards set forth for Nursing Practice by the ANA and AORN.
- Participates and cooperates in the unit-based Quality Improvement processes.
- Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is supportive of quality patient care through effective use of resources and personnel.
- Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in relationships with internal and external customers.
- Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the patient's right to privacy by protecting confidential information.
- Plans and implements patient care and teaching based on a total assessment and the age of the patient.
- Evaluates and documents patient's response; monitors and recognizes changes in physiological and psychosocial status; takes appropriate action based on assessment of the patient.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient's care which results in patient harm.
- Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
- Demonstrates ability to perform CPR.
- Takes call for department as needed.
- May assume responsibilities of charge nurse when the need arises.
- Directly supervises surgical technologists and attendants/transporters.
- Accurately records patient charges.
- Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care or the services delivered.
- Regular, punctual and dependable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Professional Nursing required
- Associate Degree or Diploma in Nursing required
- BSN preferred
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- State of Georgia RN License required
- BLS - AHA Healthcare Provider required
- CNOR encouraged
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- 1-3 Years surgical nursing experience preferred
- Reads and writes Basic English
- Strong communication skills in both oral and written format
- Knowledge of universal precautions
- Flexibility to intervene on a moment's notice
- Ability to problem-solve and seek assistance from team members when necessary
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
- Ability to cope with death and dying
- Basic computer skills
- Completion of credentialing requirements for unit specific skills within six months of employment - required.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom