Gulf Coast Regional Medical Center
is a 218-bed acute-care hospital located in Panama City, FL. Its 460-member medical staff and more than 1,000 employees work hard to ensure its patients receive the highest quality of care every day. Their efforts have resulted in national accreditations for Chest Pain Center , Total Joint Replacement , Peripheral Vascular Disease , Spine , Stroke and Wound Care . The hospital was named a Top 100 Hospital by Truven Health Analytics and was awarded an "A" rating by The Leapfrog Group for four consecutive years. The hospital includes a 42-bed critical care wing, which includes a 20-bed adult-level Intensive Care Unit and the region's only four-bed Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and 18-bed Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
Operating room schedulers reserve space for each procedure in a hospital, determining how long the Operation / Cath Lab procedure will take. They work closely with the OR Charge nurse/ Cath lab Co-coordinator to coordinate staff and rooms as necessary. Schedulers use a computer system to reserve their time. They also book any specialty services, i.e. ultrasound, vendors, special equipment, supplies, etc.Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential core function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, experience, and ability necessary to perform this job.
ESSENTIAL CORE FUNCTIONS OF THE SCHEDULER:
- Collects comprehensive data pertinent to the surgery being scheduled.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Scheduler finds solutions to schedule cases, maintain blocks, and adhere to the scheduling rules.
- Collaborates with the Operating room charge nurse and Director to coordinate surgery schedule with equipment materials, staffing demands, and ancillary equipment.
- Exercises independent judgment in relation to scheduling based on level of experience and knowledge, while working within an interdisciplinary team
- Interacts with peers and contributes to the professional development of peers and colleagues
- Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness, cost and impact on practice in planning and scheduling procedures.
- Adheres to the hospital ICARE standards.
- Excellent Customer service Skills
- Maintains office supplies for Surgical Services.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential core function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, experience, and ability necessary to perform this job.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom