Brandon Regional Hospital is located in the Tampa Bay area along Florida's Gulf Coast. The Hospital is a 438-bed acute care facility offering a number of specialty services including the Heart & Vascular Center , where the latest in cardiovascular surgery and minimally invasive techniques are performed, The Behavioral Health Center , The Women's Center , which includes our Baby Suites and 22 bed neonatal intensive care unit, The Reflux Center and a designated Bariatric Center of Excellence .
We offer more specialties, more special opportunities and more ways for you to express your passion for quality and expand your potential for success. Join us at Brandon Regional, part of the growing HCA West Florida hospital system. Our friendly community hospital boasts a close-knit caring staff of professionals that looks out for its family, neighbors and friends.
The Surgical Technologist performs a variety of technical duties to assist in preparing and caring for pre-operative patients. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assembles supplies and equipment needed for surgical procedures.
- Prepares sterile instrument table.
- Prepares patient skin for surgery in accordance with hospital standards.
- Maintains aseptic techniques and actively monitors situations which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique.
- Provides comfort and support for pre-operative patients.
- Transports patients to and from surgical suite.
- Positions patient according to type of surgery.
- Assists the surgical team in surgical procedures which may include passing instruments, sponges and sutures.
- Maintains work area.
- Gathers equipment for cleaning and sterilization.
- Assists in the monitoring of the patient through the procedure.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Graduate of a formal surgical technologist program or equivalent training.
- Certification as a Surgical Technologist required.
- Hospital Surgical Tech experience preferred.
- Detail-oriented with ability to sustain concentration over long periods of time.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds