At Northside Hospital & Tampa Bay Heart Institute we put the patient first. Our 288-bed multidisciplinary cardiovascular center located in the heart of St. Petersburg, Florida is part of the HCA West and Central Florida hospital system. We have a reputation for achieving high levels of quality care within a comfortable, high-tech setting while offering many respected Centers of Excellence including:
Chest Pain Center with PCI * Heart & Vascular Institute * Spine Care Center * Advanced Primary Stroke Center * Neuro Interventional Radiology
Become a member of our healthcare team and develop your passion for caring while enjoying our great amenities.
The Surgical Technologist performs a variety of technical duties to assist in preparing and caring for pre-operative patients. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assembles supplies and equipment needed for surgical procedures.
- Prepares sterile instrument table.
- Prepares patient skin for surgery in accordance with hospital standards.
- Maintains aseptic techniques and actively monitors situations which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique.
- Provides comfort and support for pre-operative patients.
- Transports patients to and from surgical suite.
- Positions patient according to type of surgery.
- Assists the surgical team in surgical procedures which may include passing instruments, sponges and sutures.
- Maintains work area.
- Gathers equipment for cleaning and sterilization.
- Assists in the monitoring of the patient through the procedure.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Graduate of a formal surgical technologist program or equivalent training.
- Hospital Surgical Tech experience preferred.
- Detail-oriented with ability to sustain concentration over long periods of time.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds