Oracle Data Cloud (ODC) - Brand Strategy, Auto
Posted: January 06, 2017
Reference ID: 1700005T
Oracle Data Cloud (ODC) is a division of Oracle with a startup culture and a rapid growth rate. Oracle Data Cloud's automotive team provides industry-leading audience and measurement products to the top players in the digital media space, as well as to leading Auto OEMs, their agencies, and Dealer Groups and Associations. Automotive Brand Strategy (that's us!) plays a pivotal role in showing the automotive marketing industry how better audience targeting results in business success & providing thought leadership that helps drive more business, enabling you to directly contribute to the success of the company.
We are looking for a curious individual interested in data, market research, storytelling, the automotive industry, and ad tech to help us create thought leadership to show off the great work we do here at ODC. While some people find this responsibility daunting, there are some who view it as exhilarating - like you!
Signs that you're right for this job • Working with insanely talented people brings out the best in you
• You suffer from an incurably low tolerance for boredom
• New ideas and technologies excite you - sharing them with others energizes you
• You have little respect for the status quo
• You love gathering market research and data and turning it into useful stories to help solve business problems
• Deep down you're secretly a nerd...
Absolutely Critical to Success • First and foremost you are a problem solver - You creatively apply the information, tools and techniques that you are familiar with and proactively pickup new ones along the way
• Insatiable curiosity - It's one thing to ask a lot of questions, but you take things a step further and don't wait for someone else to ask the question
• You are self-motivated - In any given project there are dozens of things that go wrong. Rather than wait for problems to sort themselves out, you combine tenacity, strong work-ethic, and creativity to blow through roadblocks and deliver
Useful experience and skills: • Experience with the Automotive industry
• A familiarity with the Ad Tech landscape - and the ability to make the connection to how data can help solve problems in the automotive space
• Demonstrated experience discovering and synthesizing information
• Able to communicate complex ideas simply & effectively through presentations, whitepapers, and data visualizations
• Be a numbers person capable of effectively directing a more technical analysts through instructions, yet willing and able to dive-in directly when appropriate
• Very strong verbal and written communication skills
• Self-motivated - High energy and drive, results oriented, manages through problems
• Project management skills - focused, organized, prioritizes effectively
• Strong interpersonal skills - builds relationships, open, receptive, flexible
• Demonstrated ability to self-motivate, work in teams and be flexible within a fast-paced and changing environment
• An entrepreneurial outlook and team-based work ethic
Provides direction and specialist knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business. Facilitation of customer product/application understanding through presentations demonstrations and benchmarks; provision of support throughout the sell.
As a Senior Sales Consultant you will be responsible for providing presales technical / functional support to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction with minimal supervision. Acts as a technical resource for less experienced Sales Consultants. Develop and deliver high quality standard Oracle presentations and demonstrations. Present and articulate advanced product features and benefits, product future direction and overall Oracle solutions. Design, validate, and present Oracle software solutions to include advanced product concepts, future direction, and 3rd party complimentary products. Develop and manage reference sites through high quality technical, professional client relationships.
Job duties are varied and complex, needing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 5 years vendor (sales and marketing) experience. 5 years relevant computer applications or database/tools. Demonstrated proficiency in one multi-user operating system. Through knowledge of system and application design. Strong verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques. Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems with accounts in complex technical environments. Ability to travel as needed. BS degree or equivalent; advanced degree desirable.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.