Oracle Data Cloud (ODC) - Senior Manager, Agency Development
Location: New York, New York
Posted: September 18, 2016
Reference ID: 160011B3
As Manager, Agency Development in one of the fastest-growing divisions of our company, you will help agencies understand how best to solve their marketing challenges. You will use ODC's (Oracle Data Cloud) digital audiences, media and measurement solutions and provide digital marketing thought leadership to support the sales process. Today, ODC is truly the only place an advertiser can go to get the verified audiences they need to build robust online marketing campaigns, and then tie the results of those campaigns directly to purchases. You'll be right in the center of this managing the Agency Development team.
Key responsibilities include:
• Primary account management responsibilities include:
• Working with agencies to evangelize Oracle Data Cloud products, and educating them on data
• Partnering with Sales Leads in representing ODC products and solutions
• Possessing detailed knowledge of ODC products and services and how they can be applied to support campaign objectives
• Running meetings with agencies several days a week, focused on both ODC products and data education
• This role will also manage a pod of 1-3 Coordinators and Consultants within the Agency Development org
• They will be responsible for balancing workload within their pod
• Direct report work is inclusive of the following, but not limited to:
o Ensure timely responses to agency requests for education, and digital media campaigns
o Understand agency business in order to develop strategic product recommendations
o Educate agencies on ODC products and the successful application of products for advertiser campaigns
o Collaborate with the product and operations teams to ensure correct use of products, successful execution of campaigns, and to provide marketplace insights for future product development work
o Provide an interface between client and internal resources for campaign execution, management and reporting
Skills and Qualifications:
• 10 years experience working with advertising agencies
• Preferred 2 years having direct reports
• This person will have thrived in an account management type role. This is not a hunter role.
• Solid verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills with the ability to lead client presentations
• Demonstrated ability to self-motivate, work in teams and be flexible within a fast-paced and changing environment
• Proven desire and ability to learn new skills and gain an understanding of a complex marketplace
• Excellent organizational, time-management and multi-tasking skills
• Ability to think and act in an innovative and creative way
• Proficient understanding of general marketing practices, targeting practices and online media
• Advanced knowledge of the Internet and online advertising techniques
• Understanding of statistical concepts, such as correlation analysis, regression analysis and statistical significance a plus
• Travel as needed, up to 30%
• BA/BS in business, marketing, advertising or media discipline required
Provides direction and specialist knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business. Facilitation of customer product/application understanding through presentations demonstrations and benchmarks; provision of support throughout the sales cycle.
As part of the Oracle sales team you will direct and manage pre-sales resources throughout the sales cycle. Provides technical/functional leadership to the sales team in the development and implementation of customer applications and customer products. Participates in account planning and strategy development. May publishes technical information of specific applications and/or technical articles. Works with management to define new products. Serves as the company liaison on specific technical projects with customers.
Manages and controls activities in multi-functional areas of sections. Ensures appropriate operational planning is effectively executed to meet Corporate business needs. Knowledge of software industry relating to all aspects of ebusiness solutions. Demonstrated leadership skills. Strong presentation skills. Ability to travel as needed. BA/BS degree or equivalent.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.