Oracle Data Cloud (ODC) - Partner Development Lead, Publisher Development
Location: New York, New York
Posted: December 23, 2016
Reference ID: 16001E5D
The Oracle Data Cloud is looking for a Partner Development Lead that will be responsible for building strong relationships with open-web publisher partners. Oracle is well known in the market for robust solutions and services for advertising partners and markers. This is an exciting and rare opportunity to be part of the new publisher business that will be a strong growth driver providing the right candidate the ability to come in day 1 and make an impact. You will be joining a team with the mission of increasing visibility and promoting sales collaboration with brand and agency-facing client teams at sell-side media partners.
Note that this role does not sell media directly or own brand/agency accounts, but fosters strong relationships between go-to-market teams at Oracle Data Cloud and top publisher partners.
This role will:
• Collaborate with ODC cross-functional teams and publisher partner sales organizations to align on sales opportunities and increase understanding and adoption of ODC targeting and measurement solutions
• Manage the overall sales relationship (including senior contacts) between ODC and key publisher accounts, across all verticals
• Acquire an understanding of the vertical needs and work back with partner management to prioritize and roll out new solutions
• Provide sales support and strategy to GTM teams to maximize revenue and client success
Our Partner Development Lead will work to develop existing publisher relationships and identify strategic opportunities that drive revenue for ODC and its partners. By understanding how each partner is uniquely positioned to take advantage of ODC data, this role will help more ad dollars flow through sell-side channels.
This critical role reports to the ODC and works closely with other members of the GTM teams. This position is perfect for someone sales-oriented, but looking to build more strategic, lasting relationships that help both advertisers and media companies deliver better and more effective advertising through the power of ODC data.
• Manage relationships with publisher sales and planning organizations, focused on growing revenue
• Be the ODC lead for Media Partner sales teams and the publisher point-person for the ODC vertical sales teams (CPG, Auto, Retail) with the goal of building strategic, mutually beneficial partnerships
• Possess detailed knowledge of both ODC and Partner-specific solutions
• Drive sales education by hosting partner trainings and managing new product rollouts.
• Be the eyes and ears in the field, delivering feedback to ODC Product teams to prioritize new initiatives
• Custom collateral and asset building: create proposals to meet client needs and drive results
• Map and understand client org: identify key players, decision makers, and influencers
• Account Mapping: know each sales reps accounts for purpose of prioritizing and driving resources internally to align with demand
Skills and Qualifications:
• 5 years sales, sales support, or business development experience working with advertising agencies, publishers, or digital media providers (DSPs, DMPs, PMDs)
• Demonstrated track record owning revenue quota; meeting/exceeding goals
• Advanced understanding of the online ad tech ecosystem, familiarity with mobile
• Strong understanding of both online and offline measurement tools and solutions
• Solid verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills; comfortable presenting to executive teams
• Ability to manage within a very dynamic, fast-paced work environment
• Strong energy, drive and enthusiasm balanced with patience and persistence.
• BA/BS degree required
• Ability to travel one week a month
Builds long term, strategic relationships with named and vertical business alliance partners.
Facilitates the development of strategic marketing and new business plans for all assigned partners to meet or exceed assigned business goals. Works with Partners to identify opportunities and create demand through lead generation activities and target account selling strategies. Actively track joint sales pipeline and meet or exceed quarterly and annual revenue targets. Develop and maintain relationships with global counterparts to leverage corporate initiatives and to ensure adherence to Alliances and Channel standards. Monitor partners business results, making recommendations for improvements to increase penetration for the strategic partners. Establish rules of engagement and operational escalation procedures to quickly identify and resolve issues.
Demonstrated track record developing and managing Global Partnerships and driving Partner account activity. Prefer strong analytical, sales channel and marketing skills. Prefer 5 years of related experience. Secondary education in Marketing or a related field preferred.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.