Oracle Data Cloud - Senior Client Partner, Tech
Location: New York, New York
Posted: February 08, 2017
Reference ID: 17000569
The Oracle Data Cloud (ODC) is looking for a highly motivated, results-driven sales professional with a track record of selling data-driven marketing solutions in the consumer technology industry.
You know digital media extremely well and are experienced selling Data-as-a-Service (DaaS). Your door-opening track record proves your approach to sales is disciplined, thoughtful and consultative, and that you have a unique ability to navigate your way through even the most complex organizations to win over senior-level decision makers. You are exceedingly resourceful and committed to generating both short-term revenue results and long-term client partnerships. You have the range to identify with an assistant media planner, and hold the room with the associated client's CMO. You are smart, work hard and nothing will stand in your way!
The Oracle Data Cloud (ODC) is the leading company in data-driven marketing solutions. The Consumer Technology business vertical is relatively new to the ODC, so you will have the opportunity to help shape the team's strategy and vision, and take on a leadership/people management role over time as performance dictates. We operate very much like a start-up inside the walls of an established, well-funded parent, so the right personality "fit" involves a start-up mentality paired with an understanding of bigger company dynamics.
As Senior Client Partner in our Consumer Technology vertical, you'll develop strategic relationships with the most innovative technology companies, including the likes of Dell, Google and Microsoft. You will work with agencies and clients direct, as well as their media partners. You'll be centrally located in our New York City office, with periodic travel and the ability to work occasionally from home. You will have a competitive base salary and UNCAPPED commission upside. You must like to win, because we expect to do just that every day.
Skills & Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree required; graduate degree preferred
• 6-10 years track record of winning new business/sales in the digital media industry coupled with a rolodex in the Consumer Technology vertical (ideal)
• Preferred candidates will have sold data-driven marketing solutions in a consultative environment; pure media sales people will be considered although are not ideal candidates
• Must have experience calling on both agencies and clients concurrently, and managing related dynamics
• Knowledge of audience targeting and digital display, mobile, social and video technology
• Understanding of how to work with publishers, DSPs, ad networks, agencies and their trading desks
• Understanding of DMP and how other software platforms fit into the client marketing stack
• Demonstrated results orientation: consistent delivery of revenue targets and business growth
• Strong energy and drive: self-motivated, focused on the bottom line, persistent
• Personal and interpersonal competencies: relating skills, openness and receptivity, integrity and character
• Experienced engaging with executive decision makers, strong executive presence and great presentation skills
• Organizational agility: communicating effectively, culturally savvy, managing up, down, laterally
• Proven ability to work from home successfully
• Ability to travel up to 40%
Sells a subset of product or services directly or via partners to a large number of named accounts/non-named accounts/geographical territory (mainly Tier 3 accounts).
Primary job duty is to sell business applications software/solutions and related services to prospective and existing customers. Manage sales through forecasting, account resource allocation, account strategy, and planning. Develop solution proposals encompassing all aspects of the application. Participate in the development, presentation and sales of a value proposition. Negotiate pricing and contractual agreement to close the sale. Identify and develop strategic alignment with key third party influencers.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 8 years applicable experience including 7 years of sales experience. Successful sales track record. Ability to penetrate accounts, meet with stakeholders within accounts. Oracle knowledge and/or knowledge of Oracle*s competitors. Interaction with C level players. Team player with strong interpersonal /communication skills. Excellent communication/negotiating/closing skills with prospects/customers. Travel may be needed. Bachelor degree or equivalent.
Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.