Client is looking to bring on an infrastructure Oracle DBA to their team. The day to day duties of this individual will be doing patching, installing software, upgrading and tuning inside of their Oracle environment. This individual will need experience installing and configuring OEM 10 and 11. They will also need experience with Oracle 12. If someone has experience with an Oracle 11 to 12 upgrade that will be a plus. They will also need experience with maintenance and troubleshooting of RAC, RMAN and ASM.
About this Position: The purpose of the "Senior Database Administrator" position is to . . .
• Maintain Oracle databases
• Plan, implement, support and maintain the CA enterprise database management system environments
• Control the migration of database structures from the test environment into the production environment
• Manage the production environments
• Provide database administration services
• Monitor and tune production processes
• Understand differences between OLTP and DSS systems
• Coach and mentor less senior DBA and development team members
• Simultaneously support small and large scope projects
• Demonstrate full technical knowledge of all phases of the systems analysis activity
Good to have:
• Support EBS release 11i, 12 by:
• supporting applications architecture changes, customizations, stack upgrades
• cloning database and application technology stack
• application system administration
• supporting concurrent managers setup and maintenance
• maintaining EBS technology stack services (web server, forms, reports, discoverer)
• applying EBS security and maintenance patches
• utilizing Oracle Enterprise Manager for application monitoring and performance tuning
• supporting application functional consultants and business analysts
Position Outcomes & Activities: You will be measured on your ability to perform the following activities effectively
• Coordinate design and maintenance of complex databases with respect to access methods, access time, device allocation, validation checks, organization, security documentation, guidelines and statistical methods. This includes maintenance of data dictionaries, overall monitoring of standards and procedures and integration of systems through database design.
• Support more junior staff in the development of their skills.
• Work with multiple application teams to define the requirements of new systems development.
• Participate in 24/7 ON CALL rotational schedule
• Actively participate in the system architecture meetings
• Effectively work with oracle support and other third party vendors
• Develop and maintain standards, procedures and methodologies for effective operation, access, control backup recovery of all CAC databases.
• Design, implement and modify physical database structures; evaluate, test and implement database management systems, utilities and tools.
• Provide all support related issues for databases and application servers in CAC.
• Coordinate database security requirements with security team
• Develop, maintain, and monitor documentation and procedural standards relating to all database projects.
• Conduct and review tests of database systems to verify performance objectives and quality standards.
• Ensure the integrity of database backup and restore procedures and maintain related documentation.
• Refresh development, test and QA databases as necessary
• Create databases, tables and views, review SQL, develop and enforce database standards.
• Communicates availability requirements for database accessibility.
• Assist in troubleshooting application problems
• Prepare time estimates for assigned projects.
• Possess general understanding of the system deployment process and correlation with database administration responsibilities.
• Assist in disaster recovery planning, testing and execution as needed.
• Evaluate project objectives and scope for feasibility.
• Execute regular database capacity planning related to database growth and system utilization, trend analysis and predicting future db resource requirements
• Implement and upgrade large-scale system and application software packages.
• All other duties as assigned
• Attendance as required by department
Basic Position Requirements: What do you need to qualify as a candidate for this position?
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• Minimum of 7 years of experience in Oracle Databases 8i, 9i, 10g and 11g environments
• Minimum of 5 years of experience working with Very Large Databases, DSS and Data Warehouse environments
• Experience in SQL and database performance tuning, backups and recovery
• Remain compliant with our policies, processes and legal guidelines
• Strong knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL and stored procedures/packages
• Experience using and supporting Oracle Data Integrator
• Experience working with OEM/Grid Control 10g, 11g and strong knowledge of tuning and diagnostic pack
• Strong knowledge of Unix/Linux environment and shell scripts
• Experience with Data Guard, Oracle Streams and Golden Gate
• Experience as DBA in a J2EE/Web Logic environments
• Oracle DBA certification
Additional Position Requirements: Experience and Education requirements.
• You need to be organized, with an ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple requests
• You need to work with a high sense of urgency to accomplish tasks within deadlines and Service Level Agreements
• You need to demonstrate exceptional customer service skills
• You need to be able to demonstrate problem-solving skills and make quick decisions
• You need to be able to be assertive but always diplomatic
• You need to be self-driven, motivated to help, and able to perform with minimal supervision in a team environment
• You need to be detail orientated and highly organized
Position Knowledge and Skills: What Knowledge, Skills and Abilities will you need to succeed in this role?
• You need to be organized and capable of meeting all deadlines.
• You need to remain positive, professional, determined, calm and focused when faced with challenging situations.
• You need to be a quick thinker, with an ability to understand and interpret information promptly and effectively.
• You need to be self-driven, motivated to help, and able to perform with minimal supervision in a team environment.
• You need to be data driven and able to troubleshoot complex issues thoroughly to resolution.
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.