Plano 1 (31061), United States of America, Plano, Texas
Oracle Database Administrator
This position is responsible for the ongoing support, administration, security and procedures for all enterprise database Oracle used to support Capital One.
This professional will be responsible for Tier 2 and 3 support for Production issues, as well as, the deployment of Production database releases. This role will ensure that customer service system availability targets and service level agreements are established and met.
- Serve as part of the Database Support Team in developing and implementing next generation database systems architecture.
- Provide 2nd and 3rd tier, 24x7 production support.
- Provide daily administration and performance monitoring of Database related systems.
- Implement and support Database Business Continuity practices including high availability and disaster recovery.
- Develop system administration standards and procedures to maintain consistent practices.
- Support the backup and recovery strategy for the Database environment.
- Provide, assist and participate in the creative process in improving architectural designs and the implementation of new architecture to consistently improve our Database Enterprise for optimal efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Monitor and proactively support capacity planning and analysis.
- Understanding of all IT best practices.
- Independently identifies and addresses documentation needs.
- Able to write comprehensive detailed documentation.
Collaborates or works with:
- Database Leads and Database Architects to develop standards in processes and infrastructure design, build and implementation.
- Project Teams to provide infrastructure and business project support.
- Data Modeling and Development team to assist in the review of relational and non-relational database models and their physical generation.
- Bachelor's Degree in fields such as Computer Science, Information Systems, and Engineering or military experience
- 2-3 years database administration experience
- Master's Degree in fields such as Computer Science, Information Systems, and Engineering or military experience
- Experience working with/in Agile delivery teams Experience working with Big Data
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.