Prudential is looking for an oracle database engineer who has passion for new technologies, understands responsive web development, can prototype rapidly, and turn concepts to life. As a developer, you care about quality of code, understand how to work with several content types, love to learn new technologies, and are ready to adapt on changing design frameworks and design principles. Experience in mobile not needed but preferred. Needless to say, you will have knowledge on how back-end systems work. Details are critical as you iterate on complex interactions and have pride in your work output. We are looking for someone who loves a good challenge and can work collaboratively.
We are building a startup culture in a company that is touching 20 Million lives, yet thinks agile. A company where talent drives success and your work touches everyone from a 25 year old to folks over 90 years old living in retirement. We care about web accessibility. We care how we treat our customers. Our employees are passionate about what they do and make it happen. Job description:
- Build distributed, scalable, and reliable data pipelines that ingest and process data at scale and in real-time.
- Collaborate with other teams to design and develop and deploy data tools that support both operations and product use cases.
- Own product features from the development phase through to production deployment.
- Troubleshoot data issues, deep dive into root cause analysis, recommend, test and implement solutions
- Develop and document technical requirements and solutions
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Troubleshoot issues making recommendations and delivering on those recommendations
- BS in Computer Science or related area
- Around 8 years software development experience
- Minimum 5 years of active SQL development, Performance tuning, Data Modeling and design preferably in Oracle.
- Minimum 1-2 Year Experience on Cloud computing, AWS preferable.
- Good analytical and programming experience with Java, Oracle, SQL
- Flair for data, schema, data model, how to bring efficiency in big data related life cycle
- Proficiency with agile or lean development practices
- Strong object-oriented design and analysis skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Top skill sets / technologies in the ideal candidate:
* Database - Oracle, complex SQL queries, performance tuning concepts, Backups, Recovery, DR, BCP
* Programming language -- Java, Python, SQL
* AWS - RDS, EC2, RedShift, S3 and others. AWS cloud Data migration, AWS Security
* NoSQL -- HBase, MongoDB, Cassandra, Riak,
* ETL Tools Data Stage, Informatica
* Code/Build/Deployment -- git, svn, maven, sbt, jenkins, bamboo
* AWS Associate / Solution Architect certified
* Batch processing -- Hadoop MapReduce, Cascading/Scaling, Apache Spark, AWS EMR
* Stream processing -- Spark streaming, Apache Storm, Flink
Excellent communication and decision making skills are essential.
Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
Zeal to lean new technologies, frameworks and appetite for growth
Identify project risks and recommend mitigation efforts.
Identify project issues, communicate them and assist in their resolution.
Assist in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing project team methodology and performance.
Cooperative team focused attitude
Prudential was founded on the belief that being financially prepared is a right, not a privilege.