JOB SUMMARYProvide 24 x 7 Production Support as part of on-call rotation.
The position will be responsible for thoroughly implementing and testing all new code\\scripts prior to production deployment. Implement corrected and tested code/scripts into production environments. Ensures the product will function as anticipated when deployed; reducing the need for redesign post implementation. Provide technical expertise on complex projects and research new technology for use by department.MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The position will be responsible for thoroughly implementing and testing all new code\\scripts prior to production deployment. Implement corrected and tested code/scripts into production environments. Ensures the product will function as anticipated when deployed; reducing the need for redesign post implementation. Duties include the following:
• 24/7 On call
• Diagnose database server reliability and performance issues
• Tuning SQL queries to improve performance
• Assist in monitoring, alerting, performance tuning and diagnosing issues for key production databases and environments
• Ensure that new database code meets company standards for readability, reliability, and performance
• Design indexes for existing applications, choosing when to add or remove indexes
• Advise developers on the most efficient database designs (tables, datatypes, stored procedures, functions, etc)
• Using tools to find the most frequently run queries and other performance issues.
• Review, deploy, and test scripts/code
• Respond to database related alerts and escalations and work to come up with strategic solutions to recurring problems.REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONSSkills/Abilities and KnowledgeAbility to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner- 8+ years of experience as an Oracle Application DBA – understanding of both code and Oracle Database operating issues- Experience reviewing and deploying code through different environments - Experience advising developers regarding most efficient database designs - Ability to diagnose reliability and performance issues - Ability to tune SQL queries to improve performance issues- Experience logging into Oracle DBs with SQL Developer or SQL*Plus- Experienced with the query data dictionaries- Well versed with different Oracle error messages – ability to diagnose them quickly, explain what caused them and resolve it- Ability to design indexes for existing applications & choosing when to add or remove the indexes- Experience working within a Linux environment EducationBA/BS in Information Technology, Computer Science, MIS or related field or equivalent work experienceRelated Work Experience8 years’ experience designing or configuring systems and/or applications4 years Relational Database Design and MaintenanceExperience working in Telecommunications industry a plusTechnology agnostic and experience working with multiple technology stacksWORKING CONDITIONSOffice environmentEOE Race/Sex/Vet/Disability
Charter is an equal opportunity employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is the Law poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
Charter is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different.
A little about us:
Spectrum is the nation’s fastest growing TV, internet and voice company. We’re committed to integrating the highest quality service with superior entertainment and communications products.