This is a full time position. Seeking a candidate that is looking to advance their career. Cannot accept 3rd party resumes.
Top Skills: 1. Oracle 11g
2. Shell Scripting
4. Strong Communication skills
The Database Administrator in this role is responsible for the installation, administration, performance, integrity, and security of databases. This role will also translate data, application, and process requirements into appropriate database solutions. Additional responsibilities:
* Install, configure, and maintain (upgrade & patch) database software (Oracle, SQL Server and Redshift)
* Proactively monitor the database systems to ensure secure services with minimum downtime (SQL Server, Oracle, Redshift)
* Plan and build database instances and objects
* Monitor and tune Oracle database for optimum performance. Assist in the capacity planning of Oracle database servers
* Automate recurring/redundant database tasks
* Execute and automate database refreshes
* Provide on-call support which can require analysis and troubleshooting of complex issues
* University Degree in Computer science or a relevant discipline plus generally 2-4 years of experience in database administration
* Experience with SQL 2008, 2012, 2014
* Experience on Linux platform
* Experience with Oracle 11g, 12c, OEM
* Experience with Shell, powershell scripting
* Exposure to RAC, Exadata is a big plus
* Curiosity to learn new technologies and processes
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.