The OCIO IE&O Database Engineering team's mission is to provide high quality database services, build cost effective database infrastructure, apply industry standards & best practices, embrace technology and pursue operational excellence. This team provides Oracle/MS SQL Server/MySQL/NoSQL/SAP HANA Database Administration, Database Engineering and Technical support to PayPal Inc.
Oracle DBA Responsibilities:
• Manage/support SAP Oracle databases in a 24x7 mission-critical production environment.
• Install, patch and upgrade Oracle databases in both RAC and non-RAC environments.
• Enforce security policies and access controls.
• Establish, implement, and test disaster recovery and business continuity solutions for SAP Oracle databases.
• Perform SAP Oracle database migration across data centers.
• Use appropriate tuning methodology and tools to triage and resolve performance issues of SAP Oracle databases.
• Set up Backup and Recovery policies and jobs.
• Develop and maintain PL/SQL codes, primarily as store procedures.
• Closely monitor Oracle database system availability, health metric and performance.
• Identify problems and implement solutions.
• Perform capacity planning.
• Scale SAP Oracle database systems based on the business growth.
• Develop and implement pro-active monitoring solution.
• Build a Service Strategy and Maturity roadmap.
• Work closely with various Infrastructure and Support teams across global.
• Share SAP Oracle database knowledge with team to enhance team capabilities
• Participate in 24x7 on call rotations.
- Minimum 10 years' experience as Oracle DBA.
- Minimum 5 years' experience with administering and supporting SAP Oracle databases.
- Working experience on 10g, 11g, 12c, and RAC is required.
- Excellent knowledge of database performance tuning and troubleshooting.
- Strong troubleshooting skills for a production SAP Oracle database system.
- In-depth knowledge of database internals and data structures.
- Strong knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL.
- Strong knowledge of Unix Shell and Perl languages. Working experience on Solaris and Linux is required.
- Oracle patching, Oracle troubleshooting and communication with oracle support.
- Strong experience with oracle Standby databases.
- Strong experience with Oracle Advanced Compression.
- Expert knowledge of data replication strategies and their effect on uptime, network and other infrastructure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong ability to multi-task.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and willing to be a team player.
- Prior experience of working offshore DBAs is required.
- Knowledge of SAP HANA is a huge plus.
- Knowledge of MySQL is a plus.
- Knowledge of NoSQL is a plus.
- Knowledge of Oracle Golden Gate is a plus.
- Knowledge of MS SQL is a plus.
Help us reinvent money. At PayPal, we're looking for global thinkers who can invent new ways to make money safe and accessible for people everywhere.