No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.
Cummins is a team of dependable, innovative thinkers, who are empowered to generate and deliver solutions for customers, community and environment. Our employees develop their careers through the challenges only a diverse, global innovator can promise. This is a collaborative culture where thinking beyond your desk is more than part of the job. It is the job.
This is what we call Working Right.
Our Corporate business unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Columbus, IN for an Oracle ERP Transition & Continuous Improvement Manager.
Thinking beyond your desk includes:
- Provides system operational support ensuring the effectiveness, efficiency, accuracy, and availability of systems for end users. Coaches and mentors less experienced team members.
- Performs routine maintenance, facilitates customization and changes to, and ensures system disaster recovery for systems.
- Leads new employee technology setup, including computer setup and delivery and system access.
- Resolves issues not readily evident and performs authorized changes and upgrades to existing systems.
- Performs preventative maintenance on IT systems and networks; monitors system performance and accuracy.
- Performs complex root-cause analysis to identify issues.
- Coaches and mentors less experienced security analysts; documents knowledge and solutions for use across the organization
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- Technical Troubleshooting - Knowledge of approaches, tools and techniques for anticipating, recognizing, and resolving technical (hardware, software, application or operational) problems
- IT Incident Management Process - Knowledge of approaches, tools and techniques for anticipating, recognizing, and resolving technical (hardware, software, application or operational) problems
- Hardware/Networks/Operating System Interaction - The ability to understand the basic tenets of the physical IT system and that system's relation to the application
- Production Support - Experienced in multiple aspects of production support processes, including monitoring and troubleshooting customer response and physical security.
- IT Change Management Process - Ability to systematically control changes to Information Technology (IT) systems and maintain their integrity and traceability throughout their life cycle.
- Analyze Issues - Understands complex concepts and problems and identifies how they relate to key processes
- IT Architecture - Knowledge of concepts and philosophies regarding the design and deployment of information technologies and associated architectural concepts, principles and tools.
College, university, or equivalent degree in Information Technology, Business or a related subject preferred.
Our ideal candidate would have these skills and professional experience:
- Experience as Oracle Application Functional/Technical consultant with responsibility of leading development team to deliver business capabilities.
- Prior experience in managing Oracle Application production support environment. Understands support processes and should have ability to identify and lead support processes creation and improvement work.
- Ability to lead team of multi-discipline resources for driving identified support improvements. Help remove obstacles and or break barriers to expedite resolution while maintaining appropriate stakeholder communication.
- Lead Steady State Transition process to ensure transparent project transition to support. Coordinate among multiple teams to drive transition aligned to agreed plan while maintaining appropriate stakeholder communication.
- Identify and manage risk within area of responsibility and escalate when appropriate.
- Lead production tool set development effort to enable proactive support capabilities to minimize business impact.
- Engagement with customers in their respective function or business area.
- Hands-on Oracle Programming experience in one or more of the following: API, PL/SQL, Framework, Workflow
- Technical knowledge of Oracle Architecture, Framework, Technology Stack and Oracle RDBMS
Compensation. Base salary commensurate with experience plus bonus. Benefits. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify:
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity and start your career with Cummins today.
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.