Oracle Hospitality | Hotel PMS Project Specialist
This position is only open to candidates who can work in our Columbia, MD office at this time
An Oracle Hospitality Project Specialist will have several years of professional experience working in the Hotel or Hospitality field coupled with some Project Management or IT implementation experience. Project Specialists do not have direct reports but they coordinate client site product installations and manage the day to day onsite activities during the product installation process.
1. Management of Projects
• Main point of contact through entire Installation process through go live
• Review each sales order within their area of responsibility
• Direct and ongoing Communication with Hotel client contact and staff throughout project
• Coordinates project kick-off calls
• Sets accurate expectations of Installation process from pre- Implementation process to post Installation
• Creates project frame, schedules and blocks resources for onsite installation
• Assists hotels with pre-requisites and ensures client fully understands the Implementation process.
• Prepares project outline for field Implementation Specialists and provides detailed, specific information on projects and all deliverables
• Ensure that licenses, hardware, software and all project specifications are accounted for
• Monitors onsite Oracle Hospitality resources to ensure projects are on track as scheduled
• Serves as first point of escalation for the onsite resources
• Escalates issues to their Implementation Manager
• Manages assigned projects from start to finish
• This includes the following OPERA related projects:
- OPERA New full installations
- OPERA Brand to Brand conversions
- Post follow up visits
- OPERA added module projects- Sales & Catering, OVOS, etc.
- Change of Ownerships
- OPERA Upgrades
- OPERA Hardware Migrations
- Supplemental work- Interface integrations, billable customization requests, etc...
2. Manages the assigned site level installation team (installers, senior installers and consultants)
• Monitors site level installation process and ensures tasks remain on schedule
• Makes recommendations to Implementation Manager on staff utilization
• Review of daily communication from site level installers about project
• Control and approve all travel requirements for installation team
• Approve expenses on a weekly basis
3. Develop the relationship with the client, management company or/or corporate entity
4. Review and respond quickly to customer feedback and inquiries - escalate issues
5. Work with the sales/account management team
• Attend project kick-off calls
• Attend pre-sales calls
• Commit and block appropriate resources for pending contracts and supplemental work
• Research billing questions
• Provide installation history
• Provide backup for other Project Specialists as needed.
• Review install work schedule for each individual project:
- Escalate scheduling conflicts to Implementation Manager
- Appropriate scheduling based on skill set for owned project
• Review undelivered and un-invoiced backlog reports and take action as needed update PM and Oracle to move, bill or cancel work
• Monitor the Deferral report to maximize revenue recognition
• Verify project specialist billing for ASL billing report and PDT billing report on a project basis
• Audit installs for customer satisfaction, communication, project information, sign-offs, billing, etc.
• Manage data points in the PM scheduling system for accurate reporting
Intermediate-level implementation project professional who manages the relationship with client site during entire Implementation phase. Tracks and coordinates all moving pieces of the Implementation from start to end. 1st level of escalation for onsite installation team.
Manages Implementation Service deliverables throughout installation project including milestones and project schedule. Develops and maintains consistent standards for project delivery. Reviews project proposals. Confers with implementation team, management or account management to locate the appropriate parties to provide technical advice. Creates and communicates status reporting for both internal and external purposes. Manages project closure and handoff to Account Manager and Help Desk.
2-5 years of overall experience in relevant roles. Ability to communicate effectively and build rapport with team members and clients. Ability to travel as needed.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.