Oracle Hospitality - PMS and/or POS Project Specialist LOCATION: COLUMBIA, MD
The Project Specialist has at least two or more years of Hotel or IT management experience. Project management /coordination experience is a plus. Project Specialists do not have direct reports and coordinate the delivery (remote or on premise) site installations and manage the day to day activities during the implementation process. Management of Projects includes and not limited to:
Administrative duties includes but not limited to
- Main point of contact post sales phase through installation
- Review each sales order within their area of responsibility and prioritize
- Efficiently communicate with the hotel contact and staff from time of Project assignment to delivery
- Coordinates project kick-off calls
- Sets accurate expectations of Installation process from pre-Implementation process to post Installation
- Creates project frame, schedules and blocks resources for onsite installation
- Assist hotels with pre-requisites and ensures hotel fully understands the implementation process.
- Prepares project outline for Field Implementation Consultants, provide detailed specific information on projects and all deliverables
- Ensure that licenses, hardware, software and all project specific components are available and current
- Monitors implementation resources to ensure project is on track
- Serves as first point of escalation for the onsite resources and hotel contact
- Manages assigned projects from start to finish
- Most importantly should be able to manage multiple projects and prioritize
- Bills projects on completion
- Willingness to travel up to 25% if/when required
Technical knowledge and/or working knowledge including but not limited to:
- Provide backup for other team members as needed
- Review install work schedule for each individual project
- Escalate scheduling conflicts to Implementation Manager
- Ensure appropriate resource scheduling based on skill set for owned project
- Review undelivered and un-invoiced backlog reports and take action as needed to update PM and Oracle to move, bill or cancel work
- Verify billing for self, contractors and customers on a project basis
- Audit installs for customer satisfaction, communication, project information, sign-offs, billing, etc.
- Manages timesheet processing
- Manages non-bill and additional funding requests promptly
Management/Coordination of Oracle POS & PMS Product Implementation Projects. This includes Oracle Simphony FE, Simphony and RES (3700) products and Oracle PMS-New full installations, Change of Ownerships, Upgrades and add-ons, Hardware Migrations, Interface and middleware setup with PMS, SVC, Credit/Debit, Gaming Interfaces, Inventory Interfaces, OPERA New full installations, OPERA Brand to Brand conversions, OPERA added module projects- Sales & Catering, OVOS, Change of OwnershipsQualifications:
Entry-level implementation project professional who manages the relationship with client site during entire Implementation phase. Tracks and coordinates all moving pieces of the Implementation from start to end. 1st level of escalation for onsite installation team.
Manages Implementation Service deliverables throughout installation project including milestones and project schedule. Develops and maintains consistent standards for project delivery. Reviews project proposals. Confers with implementation team, management or account management to locate the appropriate parties to provide technical advice. Creates and communicates status reporting for both internal and external purposes. Manages project closure and handoff to Account Manager and Help Desk.
0 to 2 years of experience relevant to the role. Ability to communicate effectively and build rapport with team members and clients. Ability to travel as needed.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.