A Sr. Sales Consultant is responsible for presales technical/functional support to prospective clients and customers. Also acts as a technical resource for junior/less experienced Sales Consultants.
Core responsibilities include (may vary depending on sales team mapping/territory mapping and product focus area):
- Develop and deliver high quality, customized Oracle presentations and demonstrations to meet customer needs.
- Present and articulate advanced product feature and benefits, product future direction and overall Oracle solutions.
- Demonstrate in-depth proficiency in many core Oracle products and platforms.
- Become the recognized expert in areas of focus. Keep abreast of all new products, market trends, future directions and the competition for areas of focus.
- Demonstrate a broad understanding of Oracle products across disciplines by articulating product features, benefits and competitive advantages.
- Design, validate and present Oracle software solutions, including advanced product concepts, future direction and 3rd party complimentary products.
- Manage customer visits, presentations, RFP/RFI's as directed by management.
- Establish account presence and build trust with key contacts.
- Must be able to read the customer political environment recognizing and using information about their climate, politics and key individuals to accomplish sales goals.
- Actively mentor junior members of the group, as directed by management.
- Support a team environment that encourages both individual and team accomplishments.
- Share responsibility for the account sales strategy with the Account representatives, as directed by management.
- Must have ability to orchestrate a technical sales cycle which requires involvement of multiple resources.
- Makes good Oracle citizenship a high priority.
- Meet all time-based assignments.
- Submit all administrative work in a timely fashion (expense reports, scheduling systems, reports required by management).
- Attend appropriate internal and external training as guided by management.
- Actively participate in career and goal planning with management
In addition to the above, all Oracles Sales Consultants should possess the Oracle Core Competencies, as well as Sales Consultant specific functional competencies listed below.
- Change and Innovation: Demonstrates a desire to seek new ways of doing things and an affinity for the opportunities presented by change.
- Communication: Presents ideas to others in a way that produces understanding and impact.
- Continuous Learning: Demonstrates active curiosity, self-reflection, and the ability to complete personal development strategies.
- Customer Responsiveness: Maintains focus on both internal (sales force) and external customer's business goals and concerns
- Honesty and Integrity: Demonstrates the desire to do what is ethical and appropriate for the company and customers.
- Quality Results Orientation: Maintains focus on producing work outcomes that meet or exceed other's expectations.
- Intellect: Demonstrates the ability generate new ideas, combine information in creative ways, and learn quickly.
- Teamwork: Demonstrates the ability to participate in and contribute to a team environment that produces respect, cohesion, and high performance.
Sells a subset of product or services directly or via partners to a large number of named accounts/non-named accounts/geographical territory (mainly Tier 3 accounts).
Primary job duty is to sell business applications software/solutions and related services to prospective and existing customers. Manage sales through forecasting, account resource allocation, account strategy, and planning. Develop solution proposals encompassing all aspects of the application. Participate in the development, presentation and sales of a value proposition. Negotiate pricing and contractual agreement to close the sale. Identify and develop strategic alignment with key third party influencers.
Job duties are varied and complex, needing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 5 years field sales experience with focus on large strategic accounts including applications sales experience. Highly developed selling, customer relations and negotiation skills. Successful sales track record. Oracle knowledge and/or knowledge of Oracle*s competitors. Interaction with C level players. Team player. Ability to penetrate accounts and meet with stakeholders within accounts. Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills. Presentation skills. Travel may be needed. Bachelor degree or equivalent.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.