The Oracle DBA is responsible for providing technical expertise in the analysis, design, implementation, and maintenance of an existing high-volume, data intensive system. Position requires critical thinking and problem solving abilities to address complex issues involving backup /recovery, information life cycle management, disaster recovery, multi tenancy for applications designed for very large databases. Candidate must be able to support large enterprise initiatives and help resolve architectural issues in the environment and database infrastructure, as well as develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the database architecture and the application functionality.
Additional responsibilities may include database design and implementation for multiple products; supporting multiple lab environments; installing, maintaining, and refreshing Oracle database for development and test environments; performing database patching, upgrade and migration as necessary; analyzing performance issues and providing recommendation based on testing results; proactively diagnosing and resolving problems affecting database; maintaining database configurations in compliance with release management and change management; participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
The candidate will work with a cross-section of organizations, including other DBAs, systems engineers, developers and the management team. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Additional experience with Oracle's Exadata engineered systems is preferred. Other valuable experience could include MySQL, Java, Ruby, C, and C languages, Puppet and the Linux Operating System
- Strong knowledge of Oracle 10g /11g/12c internals, from performance troubleshooting down to ASM striping
- Strong Database Administration and SQL skills
- Operating system knowledge (Unix, Linux and/or Windows)
- Daily administration activities such as storage layout, RMAN, Data Guard replication, backup/restore, patching, maintenance, upgrades, and access control should be second nature
- Extensive knowledge of high availability databases
- Proficient with automation of maintenance tasks using PL/SQL and scripting tools such as shell script, Perl or Python
- Superior troubleshooting skills, battle-tested in high-volume production environments including Grid Control Administration
- Hands on experience with Performance tuning, Grid Control, analyzing and handling corruption, Backup & recovery, installations & configuration
- Hands on experience in RAC, Data Guard and multitenant database
- Maintenance and support for VLDB databases
- Virtualization of high-performance database environments
- Schema design and access control for multi-tenancy
- The following technical skills are plus:
- Hands on Experience with Golden Gate, Exadata
- Oracle Certified Professional (OCP)
- Hands on experience with VPD, Data Vault, TDE, Audit Vault is a plus
- Operations support as well as Cloud operation experience
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer focus and handling skills
- Strong analytical reasoning and problem solving skills
- Strong focus on diagnosing and resolving complex technical problems
- Strong teamwork skills and ability to work as member of a global team
- Results oriented
Work with a world class team to provide enterprise-wide, Oracle Database Administration support for all products using Oracle Utilities Application Framework and provide DBA services to application development teams, including database design, database generation, coding, and bug support.
Own database architecture and design for Oracle Utilities Framework products and help resolve complex technical issues faced at the production sites.
Provide product development support. This includes creating primary database storage structures, designing and creating primary objects, modifying database structure as necessary for enhancements or performance, creating/maintaining documentation and standards, establishing application development best practices, monitor and optimize performance of the database, plan for backup and recovery of the database, and allocate system storage and plan future storage needs.
Design /develop / maintain database upgrade procedures/tools. This comprises creating/maintaining database-related scripts and programs to upgrade database portion of the Oracle Utility products and the scripts for database support of the development environments.
Research, evaluate, design, test, recommend, and plan implementation of new or improved RDBMS, ETL and database tools.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. 10 years of experience supporting relational databases as a DBA, with multiple distributed relational DBSM*s or a depth and focus in Oracle and related tools. Exposure and practice at using the DBMS to optimize performance of large databases for enterprise use is preferred. Experience with an organization with a key 24 X 7 reliance on its database is desirable. BS or equivalent desired.Qualifications:
Work with a world class team to provide enterprise-wide, Oracle Database Administration support for production systems and provide DBA services to application development teams, including database design, database generation, coding, and database production support. Provide DBA support with a high degree of customer service, technical expertise, and timeliness. Provide accurate and creative solutions to user problems of moderate nature to ensure user productivity.
As a Senior Database Administrator, you are instrumental in researching, evaluating, designing, testing, recommending, and planning implementation of new versions of Oracle database and database tools. May act as a team lead during database implementations and for system operation and maintenance.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 8 years of experience supporting relational databases as a DBA, with multiple distributed relational DBSM*s or a depth and focus in Oracle and related tools. Success at using the DBMS to optimize performance of large databases for enterprise use is greatly preferred. Experience with an organization with a key 24 X 7 reliance on its database is desirable. BS or equivalent desired.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.