Under general supervision, assure proper order accuracy on all outgoing orders. Responsible for checking and counting all product for outbound loads, ensuring all product is free of damage, and customers' orders are complete, and shipped to the correct destination.
Characteristic Duties & Responsibilities :
- Prior to product shipment, check contents on selected pallets. Compare quantity, quality, labeling, and destination with customer's order to ensure shipments are complete and correct.
- Maintain pallet stability by properly stacking and shrink wrapping outbound shipments.
- Report all shortages, damages, and miss-shipments on appropriate forms and forward them to the Warehouse Manager.
- Comply with all safety regulations and standards
- Adhere to all applicable GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice), personal hygiene, and SQF (Safe Quality Food) policies and procedures as described in the European Imports - Sysco Food Safety Training Manual.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To be successful in this position, the individual performing the duties must successfully demonstrate the following competencies:
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality.
- Motivation - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedure.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
Working Conditions :
General working conditions - environment with temperatures, of 0, 35, 65 degrees and ambient temperatures.
Supervision Received: General supervision is received from Day/Night Warehouse Manager or Day/Night Assistant Warehouse Manager.
Supervision Exercised :
Minimum Qualifications :
High school education or equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired is required.
1 year warehouse distribution experience.
1 year experience - pallet jack / forklift Certification.
Previous experience at Sysco or in foodservice industry highly desirable.
Demonstrated attention to detail.
Must be able to repetitively lift up to 50 lbs.
Strong math skills.
Must be able to efficiently use a computer keyboard to enter in data.
European Imports, Inc is proud to be an EEO/AA employer - M/F/D/V.
This opportunity is available through European Imports, Inc. This is not a Corporate position. All hiring decisions will be made at the sole discretion ofEuropean Imports, Inc.
A little about us: