Order Management Application Lead
Location: Columbus, Indiana
Posted: September 27, 2017
Reference ID: 1700051U
Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world's leading clean, engine technology. We're also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right.
Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Columbus, Indiana for an Order Management Application Lead.
Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
• Provides comprehensive application functionality, configuration and support expertise for application software solutions; works with business analysts, architects, technical experts and software vendors on the solution requirements, design, configuration, functionality gap resolution, implementation, support, maintenance and enhancement of the applications.
• Leads the analysis and evaluation of application functionality; provides recommendations to increase utilization of standard application functionality to improve business processes and capabilities
• Leads the determination and documentation of optimum application setup and configuration to meet functional requirements and specifications; configures and verifies complex application setup and configuration
• Remains current on emerging application and solution trends and functionality; provides functional expertise for assigned applications and systems.
• Leads analysis of potential application solutions, identifying and recommending solutions to address functionality gaps in the application.
• Develops and maintains strong relationships with relevant vendors; works with vendors to improve application functionality and resolve difficult functionality issues
• Partners with process owners, business analysts, systems analysts and architects to gather, document and review functional, architecture and technical requirements and define application functional designs.
• Serves as subject matter expert and point of contact on content, processes, procedures and functionality associated with assigned applications for projects and application support (as needed).
• Leads the creation and management of functional specifications for a given project from which programs and configurations will be applied to create the program, application, or complete solution
• Educates, coaches, and trains new and existing team members to improve quality and efficiency in daily process of support requests.
Skills and Experience Required:
System Prototyping and Simulation - Able to conduct an early sample, model, or pre-release of a product built to test a concept or process or to act as a thing to be replicated or learned from.
Requirement Analysis - The ability to understand requirements and trace them back to business goals/objectives. The ability to identify the relationships and interdependencies between requirements. The ability to prioritize requirements based on their relative value, risk, difficulty of implementation, urgency, likelihood of success, regulatory compliance, or other factors.
System Development Methodologies - Able to apply industry defined development techniques to create or modify IT solutions.
Solution Assessment & Validation - The ability to understand and assess proposed solutions in order to determine how closely they meet requirements and if they will deliver the desired business outcomes. The ability to understand the organization, and its readiness, to determine what is necessary to transition to the solution.
Systems Analysis - Ability to apply a technique that composes or decomposes a system into its component pieces for the purpose of the studying how well those component parts that were designed (or purchased) and configured to work and interact holistically to accomplish their purpose.
Organizational Awareness - Understands and works in line with the organization's mission, operations, structure, and goals; understands informal structures and processes of the organization; understands organization-level implications of his or her day-to-day decisions.
Relationship Management - Creates relationships with new acquaintances quickly and confidently; works to build trust and partner with stakeholders; successfully manages both internal and external relationships (e.g., vendor relationships); is comfortable in a challenger role that, at times, requires building constructive tension in interactions.
Influence - Applies different approaches to convince others to change their opinion or plan, and wins support from others for ideas; is able to build support with peers without direct lines of reporting across a matrix organization.
Decision Making - Considers the relative benefits and costs of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one; acts decisively and swiftly; identifies problems and drives toward solutions; takes on responsible roles and accountability for outcomes even when things go wrong; is comfortable making difficult decisions.
Order Management Applications Strategy and Technical Expert who would provide applications expertise & advice/guidance to business unit owners, IT leaders, project teams and other support teams. Work also includes Global Solution Design responsibilities to drive common, reusable solution components.
Subject-matter expert associated with content, processes, and procedures related to order management. Required to provide technical/applications solution expertise and advice as a team member to project teams and other support teams.
Ability to understand general concepts and translate into actionable projects.
Facilitates requirements meetings for moderately complex projects
Researches solutions and coordinates the remediation of deficiencies. Conducts analysis of potential solutions; diagrams and documents solutions. Identifies gaps in the application functionality and provide solutions that involve multiple systems inconsistencies functionality globally and regionally.
Considers latest technologies and new approaches to designs and implementation of new systems. Also, Understands required integration with other applications - e.g. Financials, E-commerce
Reviews changes or upgrades to existing systems designs. Analyzes and evaluates applications; provides technical direction and recommendations to improve application utilization.
Reviews test plans and testing methodology to mitigate risks and to ensure the systems meet functional and performance requirements; assists in troubleshooting complex problems.
Provide leadership in Gathering, analyzes, and documents current practices, workflows, and business needs to identify inefficiencies, alternatives, and gap
Deep understanding of Technology and ability to be hands on and knowledge and leadership in architectural methodology and frameworks. May coach less experienced team members on solution and software development methodologies.
Significant relevant experience required. 5-7 years of experience.
Required Education, Licenses or Certifications
• Bachelor or equivalent degree
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience plus annualized bonus potential. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins