At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:Job Summary
The person hired for the position of Orthodontics Biomechanics Specialist
will work with the Research and Development team within the Orthodontics Lab to develop new orthodontic appliances and understand the interaction of tooth movement biomechanics with current and new technologies.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Serves as the primary consultant to the product developers on all matters pertaining to tooth movement biomechanics
- Participates in new product development around orthodontic appliances
- Provides input to clinical study and Institutional Review Board (IRB) protocols
- Provides insight in the orthodontic treatment process from treatment planning to retention
- Collaborates with other researchers and developers across the Oral Care businesses
- Interface with external clinicians on new product development
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited institution
- Minimum of five (5) years of combined experience with tooth movement biomechanics and /or orthodontic appliances in a research and/or clinical environment
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a Science discipline from an accredited institution
- Experience in new product development or research in the orthodontics industry
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written and presentation)
- Experience working on a global cross-functional teams
- MS Office proficient
May include up to 10% domestic/internationalRelocation:
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
A little about us:
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.