At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Responsible for directing the development of detailed plans / schedules for forced, planned, and refueling outages while ensuring shutdown safety, ALARA practice, Technical Specifications and plant procedures adherence. Directs the implementation of the outage schedule during the execution of the outage. Crosses all organizational boundaries working with all departments and designated team leaders for pre-outage preparation and execution.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Direct and coordinate the detailed schedule and outage plan development for the upcoming unit outage to ensure technical specification compliance and maintain shutdown safety in a manner consistent with station procedures, processes, and goals.
- Lead various teams in scope determination and scope control for the upcoming unit outage by reviewing commitments, long range plan, modification schedule, technical specification, preventive maintenance backlogs, and operating department priorities.
- Provide direction to all departmental planners, schedulers, and specialized teams for the outage plan and schedule preparation and execution.
- Communicate, enforce, and adhere to pre-outage and outage execution milestones.
- Direct the development, implementation, and communication of the Shutdown Safety Program.
- Direct the outage plan and schedule execution ensuring technical specification compliance while maintaining shutdown safety consistent with station procedures, processes and goals.
- Experience directing operations activities or planning / scheduling maintenance resources in at least 2 refueling outages
- Personal computer (PC) knowledge
- Intradepartmental communication skills (verbal and written)
- Minimum of 15 years overall nuclear power plant experience with 5+ years in a work scheduling role. Possess at least three years exempt plant maintenance, scheduling, planning, or work management experience.
- Experience with PIMS / Passport / P3 and/or PV
- Critical Path scheduling Method knowledge
- Scheduling Tool knowledge
- Current or previous SRO license or certification
- Shutdown Safety Program knowledge
- Technical BS Degree
- Working knowledge of mainframe and PC based scheduling tools
- FLS / managerial experience
- Responsible for intradepartmental communication and working relationship to establish an outage plan to meet the station goals
- Supports and participates in the outage management peer team initiatives
- Mentors others in the work management organization
- Decisions directly impact outage safety management, duration and scope during planning and execution
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor EEO is the Law Poster