The Nor Pac Region
of Airgas USA, LLC., the nations leading distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases and welding supplies, has an OUTLOOK ® VMI Technician
position available at our Portland, OR
branch on N Columbia Blvd.
The VMI Technician will be responsible for implementing and maintaining the OUTLOOK ® Service Model to include ordering, deliveries and Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) programs, establishing safe handling practices, efficient order processing & invoicing, initiating & executing cost reduction programs, reporting and day-to-day customer interface at customer locations Portland area.
The VMI Technician will be the first line Airgas representative with the customer for all welding hardgoods and safety supplies related issues regarding Vending Machines and Vendor Managed Inventory bins. Essential Functions :
- Order product to ensure proper inventory levels.
- Monitor customer usage and suggest adjustments to product levels to ensure maximum efficiency and product turn.
- Face to face customer contact - ask for additional orders, initiate additional sales by identifying possible system product additions or off system orders.
- Communicate customer concerns and questions to proper Airgas personnel.
- General vehicle maintenance of Airgas Sprint Van for Hardgoods.
- Communicate inventory requirements and changes to supporting branch.
- Complete all paperwork in accordance with Airgas standards.
- Manage inventory levels to customer requirements for Vending and VMI.
- Manage product list.
- Determine Min/Max levels based on delivery cycle and customer stock level requirements.
- Monitor inventory levels at customer.
- Maintain product inventory and consumption.
- Order and deliver product to point of use.
- Approve new delivery points for accessibility and safety.
Maintain Vendor Management Inventory Systems including:
- Maintenance of customer stock locations - cleaning, maintenance, etc.
- Product additions and deletions.
- Clean, organize and re-label bins.
- Emergency response support.
Manage vending equipment including:
- Stock vending equipment.
- General maintenance including cleaning, calibration, etc.
- Perform first level repair and troubleshooting.
- Must have high school diploma or G.E.D.
- 2 to 5 years of sales experience preferably in the compressed gases, vending and/or welding industry.
- Basic computer skills, to include MS Office and the ability to learn site specific computer applications such as cylinder tracking programs.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with diverse groups of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
- Ability to read and comprehend SDS (safety data sheets).
- Ability to analyze data.
- Ability to write reports and correspondence.
- Ability to conduct presentations
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to routinely lift 25 - 50 lbs, and occasionally lift 51 - 80 lbs.
- Ability to move large gas cylinders with the use of a hand cart.
- Able to use hands and/or tools to hook up and disconnect cylinders.
- Must be able to work outdoors in temperatures ranging from -10 to over 110 degrees.
Looking for a great company to work for? You'll Find It With Us!
- Some experience with handling of compressed gases.
- Basic knowledge or experience in welding.
- Customer service and/or sales experience.
Airgas Nor Pac offers a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package, which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug, Life & Disability Insurance, 401(k), Tuition Reimbursement and more.Qualifications:
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.