a subsidiary of Airgas USA, LLC., the nations leading distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases and welding supplies, has an OUTLOOK ® Vendor Managed Inventory Technician
position available at our Anniston, AL; Birmingham, AL; Bessemer, AL, Pelham, AL; Sylacauga, AL or Tarrant, AL
location. The OUTLOOK ® VMI Technician will be responsible for implementing and maintaining the OUTLOOK ® Service Model to include ordering, deliveries and Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) programs, establishing safe handling practices, efficient order processing & invoicing, initiating & executing cost reduction programs, reporting and day-to-day customer interface at customer locations in the NW Area of Airgas South.
The OUTLOOK ® Technician will be the first line Airgas representative with the customer for all welding hardgoods and safety supplies related issues regarding Vending Machines and Vendor Managed Inventory bins. Essential Functions :
- Order product to ensure proper inventory levels.
- Monitor customer usage and suggest adjustments to product levels to ensure maximum efficiency and product turn.
- Face to face customer contact - ask for additional orders, initiate additional sales by identifying possible system product additions or off system orders.
- Communicate customer concerns and questions to proper Airgas personnel.
- General vehicle maintenance of Airgas Sprint Van for Hardgoods.
- Communicate inventory requirements and changes to supporting branch.
- Complete all paperwork in accordance with Airgas standards.
- Manage inventory levels to customer requirements for Vending and VMI.
- Manage product list.
- Determine Min/Max levels based on delivery cycle and customer stock level requirements.
- Monitor inventory levels at customer.
- Maintain product inventory and consumption.
- Order and deliver product to point of use.
- Approve new delivery points for accessibility and safety.
Maintain Vendor Management Inventory Systems including:
- Maintenance of customer stock locations - cleaning, maintenance, etc.
- Product additions and deletions.
- Clean, organize and re-label bins.
- Emergency response support.
Manage vending equipment including:
- Stock vending equipment.
- General maintenance including cleaning, calibration, etc.
- Perform first level repair and troubleshooting.
- Must have high school diploma or G.E.D.
- 2 to 5 years of sales experience preferably in the compressed gases, vending and/or welding industry.
- Basic computer skills, to include MS Office and the ability to learn site specific computer applications such as cylinder tracking programs.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with diverse groups of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
- Ability to read and comprehend MSDS (material safety data sheets).
- Ability to analyze data.
- Ability to write reports and correspondence.
- Ability to conduct presentations
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to routinely lift 25 - 50 lbs, and occasionally lift 51 - 80 lbs.
- Ability to move large gas cylinders with the use of a hand cart.
- Able to use hands and/or tools to hook up and disconnect cylinders.
- Must be able to work outdoors in temperatures ranging from -10 to over 110 degrees .
Looking for a great company to work for? You'll Find It With Us!
- Some experience with handling of compressed gases.
- Basic knowledge or experience in welding.
- Customer service and/or sales experience.
Airgas South offers a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package, which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug, Life & Disability Insurance, 401(k), Tuition Reimbursement and more.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.