- Perform on-site and virtual inspection of damages within regional territory
- Document all claim activity to support the claim file
- Comply with all internal and external reporting requirements
- Create high level of policyholder satisfaction by complying with standards for timeliness of contact, follow-up, payments, and Unfair Claim Practice Act
- Perform other related job duties as directed or needed, such as providing on-call duty and immediate response and service in emergency and catastrophe situations
- Utilize computerized software applications for writing and reviewing building damage estimates
- Will consider candidates with: Military, College Graduates and experience in other areas of insurance, i.e. Auto, General Liability or a construction related background
- 1 years of first party commercial & residential property (structures) claim estimating preferred
- Demonstrated high level of performance in current or past roles
- Experience writing structural damage estimates using computerized software applications preferred, Xactimate is a plus
- Proficiency in construction estimating and repair techniques a plus
- Strong customer service orientation
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Computer literacy and strong keyboard skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be available for catastrophe (CAT) deployment, oftentimes on short or limited notice, as a condition of employment
- Lifting requirement of 40-50 pounds and ability to climb up on roofs to inspect damage
- Must be willing to be located in Washington DC, Southern MD, Alexandria area and the surrounding areas.
Behaviors at the Hartford
- Deliver Outcomes - Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player - Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships - Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence - Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **
A little about us:
HIRING VETERANS IS A PRIORITY FOR THE HARTFORD