The Northern California & Nevada (NCN) Region of Airgas USA, LLC., is seeking an Outside Sales - Account Manager to join our South San Francisco, CA team.
Discover an exciting Career with Airgas as our Account Manager!
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products; and a leading U.S. supplier of refrigerants, ammonia products, and process chemicals. Dedicated to improving the performance of its more than 1 million customers, Airgas safely and reliably provides products, services and expertise through its more than 18,000 associates, over 1,100 locations, robust e-Business platform, and Airgas Total Access telesales channel. As an Air Liquide company, the world leader in gases, technology and services for Industry and Health, Airgas offers customers an unrivaled global footprint and industry leading technology and innovations. For more information, please visit www.airgas.com
Under general supervision, the Sales Representative serves customers by selling products to businesses, industrial and medical establishments, or individuals at sales office, store, showroom or customer's place of business. Meets customers' needs and resolves customer problems.
• Services existing accounts; obtains orders; and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential customers/prospects by traveling throughout territory or talking with customers.
• Compiles list of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers, business directories, trade journals, and other sources.
• Adjusts content of sales presentations by studying the type of product and volume used by customers/prospects depending on industry or trade factor by demonstrating product using catalog or samples and emphasizing sellable features.
• Prepares sales proposal by quoting pricing, credit terms, estimated date of delivery to customer based on knowledge of company's production and delivery schedules using software program set up by company.
• Prepares sales contract for orders obtained and submits order to appropriate company personnel.
• Keeps management informed by maintaining and submitting activity and results reports (daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses) as required by company's policies and procedures.
• Meets or exceeds gas and equipment sales goals specified in the individual market plans.
• Meets with manager to discuss special accounts, projects and situations.
• Checks accounts receivable as to status of existing account; communicate with credit and contact customers regarding overdue payment if relationship with customer is good.
• Obtains approval from credit department for new accounts.
• Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
• Recommends changes in products, service and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments and discussions with vendors.
• Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, preparing memos/reports, and making recommendations to management.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks with other technical people and vendors and participating in professional societies.
• Protects operation of company by keeping financial, production, sales and marketing information and plans confidential.
• Maintains a professional presence and demeanor that is reflective of a corporate image.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's Degree from four-year college or university or one to two years of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 3 years of experience selling medical, specialty or industrial gases and equipment to independent distributors and customers while working for an industrial or specialty gas producer.
• Industry experience preferred and related product knowledge is essential.
• Negotiating and selling skills required with a proven record of achieving or exceeding assigned sales goals.
• Computer proficiency and intermediate knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Prior experience with SAP a definite plus.
• Valid driver's license and reliable personal vehicle with insurance coverage as required by company.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Excellent presentation and good negotiating and public speaking skills.
• Knowledge of corresponding geographical area.
• Ability to drive and walk considerable distances on a daily basis (5-100 miles per day).
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, self-starter, self-motivated, sense of urgency, personable, extroverted personality, well organized, ability to achieve goals, ability to focus and pay attention detail.
• Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, legal documents and regulatory requirements.
• Ability to apply mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, rations, and proportions to practical solutions.
• Ability to read speaks, write, spell and understand the English language.
• Moderate work processing skills including windows.
• Must be able to work flexible hours to meet customer needs and management expectations.
• Ability to routinely lift 25 - 75 lbs., climb, reach and perform various physical maneuvers to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Ability to read and comprehend Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
• Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
• Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and background.
• Valid driver's license and personal vehicle with insurance coverage as required by company.
• Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.