Airgas, Inc., an Air Liquide company, is the nation's leading single-source supplier of gases, welding and safety products. Known locally nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise.
RED-D-ARC (an Airgas company) is the largest provider of welding and welding-related rental products and services in North America, with over 70,000 units in our fleet. Red-D-Arc currently offers rental welding-equipment through over 70 service centers in the United States, Canada, Mexico, the United Kingdom, Europe and the Middle East, as well as through Airgas construction Stores and dealer network that included the Caribbean, Puerto Rico, Trinidad, Kazakhstan and Australia.
The incumbent will develop rentals and sales of welding equipment, power generation and weld automation in assigned region by following sales leads, making presentations, preparing quotations, maintaining all required literature and providing customer follow-ups. The incumbent will also assess customer needs and recommend appropriate solutions. Some overnight travel is required.
We are looking for an Outside Sales Associate who:
• Develops and increases end user customer base by effective communication, assessment of needs and recommendations of solutions.
• Performs onsite equipment demonstrations.
• Makes application recommendations of welding and positioning equipment.
• Develops long-term supply relationships through contracts and/or agreements.
• Works as part of a team in providing customer solutions.
• Meets or exceeds rental and sales goals specified in the market area.
• Represents the company at trade association meetings and Trade Shows to promote products.
• Compiles lists of prospective customers for sales leads based on information from newspapers, business directories, trade journals and/or other sources.
• Maintains accurate and timely submission of sales call reports and expenses.
• Provides customer follow-up.
• Provides back-up coverage at the branch location during vacations and other employee shortages.
• Performs other related duties as required.
• Post secondary education equivalent to a Diploma in Business Management or equivalent.
• Sales experience in either an industrial equipment rental or a welding equipment sales or rental environment (ideally construction, fabrication, and/or manufacturing sectors) an asset.
• Working knowledge of positioning equipment, welding applications and equipment an asset.
• Ability to develop and execute market/business plans.
• Must have excellent technical knowledge as well as strong interpersonal and management skills.
• Proven ability to develop new accounts and new business opportunities.
• Requires high-quality presentation and negotiating skills.
• Ability to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
• Ability to travel and be away from home 25-35% of the time.
• Must have a valid driver's license.
• Computer skills to produce effective spreadsheets, reports, documents and presentations, as required. Knowledge of MS Office and Microsoft Dynamics CRM applications.
• Adaptable to set and prioritize work with varying exceptions.
• Communicates with clarity, verbally in one on one or group situations, and over the telephone.
• Communicates well in writing by composing clear documents.
Red-D-Arc would like to thank all candidates for their application; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.