Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Being number one means WM invests in our Sales teams' success by providing access to state-of-the-art systems and processes, industry-leading services and the best leadership in the business. Our exceptional sales professionals help deliver satisfaction to our clients throughout North America. If you are passionate about helping others and seeking challenging and interesting employment, apply today! I. Job Summary
The Outside Sale Representative generates revenue utilizing a consultative selling approach in the sale of Waste Management and Waste Management Recycle America services to assigned accounts that are moderately large and/or more complex accounts. The OSR is responsible for prospecting and closing to achieve budgeted sales goals by developing and implementing sound selling strategies that ensure revenue growth by selling to new customers only.
This is a field-based position. This position is eligible to participate in sales compensation and recognition programs upon successful completion of sales orientation and/or training programs. II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction. Communicate to and work with the Outside Sales Manager to resolve unique customer issues.
- Effectively manage prospects by developing sound marketing plans and maintaining key information in the prospect database.
- Meet or exceed sales call activity goals for new sales.
- Match Waste Management services with customer needs by demonstrating knowledge of customers, pricing and competition; effectively communicate pricing and service strategies; proactively engage other Waste Management business opportunities, referring internally as appropriate.
- Effectively use Waste Management sales productivity software tools (i.e. Prospect and Customer Database, Proposal Program, Pricing Tools, etc.).
- Using in-depth industry and company knowledge, prepare complex proposals and make recommendations on equipment optimization and leasing options.
- Propose customer solutions that are compliant with appropriate local, state and federal regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory duties. IV. Qualifications
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited) or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4-years sales experience.
- Experience: 3-years of work experience (in addition to education requirement) in direct business-to-business sales, business-to-business cold calling, and phone based business-to-business prospecting resulting in successfully obtaining customer appointments.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
V. Work Environment
- Build Relationships
- Communicate With Impact
- Demonstrate Adaptability
- Demonstrate Integrity and Courage
- Demonstrate Professionalism
- Initiate Action
- Produce Results
- Think Strategically
- Focus On Customers
- Gain Commitment
- Influence and Negotiate
- Manage Work/Time
- Plan and Organize
- Use Ethical Practices
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting. Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
Waste Management, Inc. is North America's leading provider of integrated environmental solutions.