Metropolitan is a Sysco owned company, we provide the benefits and resources of a fortune 40 enterprise with a real family feel. At Metropolitan, our employees are the foundation to our great success. By applying our principles of leadership, integrity, trust and our strong commitment to one another, we help each other prosper for the benefit of the individual. As an equal opportunity employer, Metropolitan is focused on the diversity, safety, and training of all of our employees. As part of a large company, we are able to offer excellent benefits in addition to base pay, such as medical, dental, vision, company paid life insurance, 401k savings plan with company match, employee stock purchase plan, paid vacation, holidays, sick leave, and personal time off. We offer you a safe and enjoyable work environment in which you can grow and advance General Summary:
- This is an outside sales position responsible for promoting the company's products and for building relationships with new and existing accounts. The main focus is to help Metropolitan customers succeed while achieving sales and profit goals established by the company.
- This position often requires working non-traditional hours (evening, weekends and holidays) in order to successfully meet customers' needs.
An individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Develop new business, penetrate existing accounts, and minimize lost business to achieve profitable sales growth and special objectives within assigned territory.
- Seek and qualify prospects in accordance with Company account stratification goals.
- Research customer business needs and develop a mix of products and service to meet needs.
- Evaluate market trends and recommend products to customers, based on business needs and goals.
- Be informed of market conditions, product innovations, and competitors' products, prices, and sales; share information with customers as part of value-added services provided.
- Answer customers' questions about products, prices, availability, and product uses. Provide product information and practical training to customer personnel.
- Drive personal vehicle to customer accounts, conventions, company meetings, etc.
- Communicate and collect accounts receivable as necessary, working with the credit department and client; collect all balances due based on approved credit terms.
- Lift/carry laptop and non-perishable samples sometimes weighing up to 60 lbs to and from your car & up and down stairs.
- Manage deliveries to the routing schedule published by the transportation department; troubleshoot any problems that occur during the order process (for example, out of stock items, special order items, low inventory, etc.).
- Participate in company functions, promotions, customer visits, and customer events. Attend and participate in general sales and district meetings.
- Participate in ongoing training sessions.
- Assist with the training of new employees as requested.
- Review and analyze daily and weekly reports such as special order requests, customer bid files, and sales/gross profit margin data.
- Perform administrative duties, such as preparing sales budgets and reports, maintaining sales records, processing credits and pick-up requests, preparing sales quotes and menu suggestions, and filing reports.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- 5 YRS Foodservice sales experience.
- 3 years of outside sales, and/or chef/restaurant management experience, and/or related (Business, Sales, Marketing, Hospitality; or Culinary Arts) degree.
- Reside in or near the geographical vicinity of territory DC/MD/VA.
- Valid driver's license with a "clean" driving record (including: no single DUI in the last 3 years and no multiple DUIs within the last 7 years).
- Current automobile insurance with the following limits of liability: Bodily injury - $100,000 each person and $300,000 each accident; property damage - $100,000 is required.
- Good pc skills and proficiency with MS Outlook.
- Must pass pre-employment testing (Drug Screen, Background Check).
- Must sign Sysco Protective Covenants Agreement.
- Ability to read, write, speak English.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Sales, Marketing, Hospitality; or Culinary Arts.
- 5 year of outside foodservice sales experience.
- Previous Sysco or its subsidiaries experience.
- Restaurant management / chef experience.
- Bilingual (English / Spanish) a plus.
To be successful in this position, the individual performing the duties must successfully demonstrate the following competencies: Competencies:
- Building Trust
- Building Customer Loyalty
- Sales Ability / Persuasiveness
- Managing Work
- Extremely well organized
- Established in the area-know the scope
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis without future employment sponsorship.
Metropolitan Meat, Seafood, and Poultryis proud to be an EEO/AA employer - M/F/D/V.
This opportunity is available through Metropolitan Meat, Seafood, and Poultry. This is not a Corporate position. All hiring decisions will be made at the sole discretion of Metropolitan Meat, Seafood, and Poultry.
A little about us: