Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world.
Why Work with Us
Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community, and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and One of the Most Meaningful Companies to Work for in America by Business Insider.
Within a designated market, a Recycling Representative is responsible for identifying leads, proactively prospecting and selling recycling services to commercial, Industrial and recycling customers to drive volume of recyclable materials into Republic Services’ Materials Recycling Facilities (MRFs) to meet and exceed the Company’s target profitable growth and contribute to the Company’s environmental goals.
**Knowledge, Skills & Abilities**
• Professional presentation; is confident, assertive and displays a high level of self-esteem.
• Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient manner.
• Good communication skills; is able to effectively communicate to all levels of management, both internally and externally.
• Strong active listening skills; gives full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions when appropriate, and letting others fully state their ideas.
• Grasps concepts quickly and has good follow through skills; adheres to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise; maintains a positive outlook.
• Has the ability to identify the information needed to clarify a situation; seeks information from appropriate sources; has the ability to tackle a problem using a logical, sequential approach and can anticipate the implications of actions.
• Good written and verbal presentation skills.
• Is self-motivated; maintains a feeling of pride in work; has a strong work ethic and strives to achieve all goals; is competitive and has a strong drive to win; takes appropriate risks.
• Is trustworthy and maintains the highest level of confidentiality at all times.
• Is high energy, friendly and engaging; has excellent persuasion skills; can persuade others to change their minds or behavior.
• Has a service orientation; is actively looking for ways to help people.
• Bachelor’s Degree is highly desirable.
• Two years of direct selling experience.
• Prior waste industry or service industry experience, including knowledge of various recycling commodities.
• Identify viable leads, manage prospects and sell recycling services to new and existing customers to drive volume of recyclable materials into MRFs managed by the Company to meet and exceed the Company’s revenue goals.
• Develop and implement sales and marketing action plans, including key objectives, in support of the sales and overall recycling goals.
• Generate and provide sales leads for other sales opportunities to the appropriate sales representative in the market to capture additional revenue.
• Build long-term relationships with prospective and existing clients in designated market.
• Develop and maintain an awareness of commodities market and competitive trends in designated market to anticipate changing customer needs; proactively manage customer base.
• Prepare and deliver sales presentations to grow existing and prospective client base; follow up with key decision makers; prepare sales contracts, including price quotes, credit terms and services.
• Maintain a thorough knowledge of the Company’s available services and pricing structures and offers additional services to existing commercial, industrial and recycling clients, as appropriate, to grow targeted revenue and contribute to Company goals and objectives.
• Meet regularly with Sales or Operations Manager, as appropriate to review weekly sales activities and prospective customer calling activities.
• Track all prospective customer information on required reporting format.
• Maintain current knowledge of all federal, state and local environmental laws and regulations regarding recyclable materials; participate in company-sponsored training courses, meetings and discussions regarding the classifications and characterization of recyclables.
• Build relationship and increase Company visibility through participation in Company-sponsored events and activities, as required, which may include trade shows and chamber of commerce events.
• Prepare all required Customer Service Agreements (“CSAs”), Contact Resource Management entries and other reports in a complete, accurate and timely manner.
• Respond in a timely fashion to all customer and prospective client inquiries.
• Perform other job-related duties, as required. The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• High School diploma or GED.
• One year of prior experience in a customer-facing sales role.
• Valid driver’s license.
**Rewarding Compensation and Benefits**
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
A little about us:
The dramatic growth and high performance of Republic Services is an American success story we’re proud of.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network.