Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran Are you goal oriented and results driven?
Do you like to build relationships?
Are you looking for a stable, growing company?
If you answered yes to these questions - you are just the Outside Sales Representative we are looking for and your career starts here at Waste Management! In 2015, Waste Management was ranked # 26 in Selling Power magazine among the 50 best companies to sell for in the United States.
Over 75% of the reps we hire come from outside the industry and have diverse backgrounds in prospecting, negotiating and selling contract services. We are looking for more reps with a competitive drive, who can hunt and network to build a strong pipeline that ultimately leads to winning new business. When you sell at Waste Management and hit your sales goals, you are rewarded with our lucrative commission plan, recognition incentives and awards. Our best reps just returned from a weeklong Circle of Excellence cruise in the Caribbean!
If you like what you have heard so far, learn more about this exciting opportunity to join a winning team below. Job Summary
Generates revenue utilizing a consultative selling approach in the sale of Waste Management services to small and/or less complex commercial accounts in an assigned territory/segment. Responsible for prospecting and closing to achieve sales revenue goal by developing and implementing sound selling strategies that ensure revenue growth by selling to new commercial customers only. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
• Establishes and maintains a high level of customer satisfaction. Communicates to and works with the Outside Sales Manager to resolve unique customer issues.
• Effectively manages prospects by developing sound marketing plans and maintaining key information in the prospect database.
• Meets or exceeds sales call activity goals for new sales.
• Matches Waste Management services with customer needs by demonstrating knowledge of customers, pricing and competition; effectively communicates pricing and service strategies; proactively engages other Waste Management business opportunities, referring internally as appropriate.
• Effectively uses Waste Management sales productivity software tools (i.e. Prospect and Customer Database, Proposal Program, Pricing Tools, etc.).
• Uses in depth industry and company knowledge, prepares complex proposals and makes recommendations on equipment optimization and leasing options.
• Proposes customer solutions that are compliant with appropriate local, state and federal regulations. Qualifications
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited) or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4 years of sales experience.
- Experience: 1 years of work experience (in addition to education requirement), in direct sales, cold calling, and phone based prospecting resulting in successfully obtaining customer appointments.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
General Competencies Include:
- Build Relationships
- Communicate With Impact
- Demonstrate Adaptability
- Demonstrate Integrity and Courage
- Demonstrate Professionalism
- Initiate Action
- Produce Results
- Think Strategically
- Focus On Customers
- Gain Commitment
- Influence and Negotiate
- Manage Work/Time
- Plan and Organize
- Use Ethical Practices
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
This is a field-based position. This position is eligible to participate in sales compensation and recognition programs upon successful completion of sales orientation and/or training programs. Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Being number one means WM invests in our Sales teams' success by providing access to state-of-the-art systems and processes, industry-leading services and the best leadership in the business. Our exceptional sales professionals help deliver satisfaction to our clients throughout North America
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."