Interline Brands, Inc.
("Interline") is among the nation's largest distributors and direct marketers of specialty maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products, both branded and private label. It stocks more than 100,000 plumbing, janitorial, electrical, hardware, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) and in 2015 Interline was acquired by The Home Depot®, the world's largest home improvement specialty retailer. POSITION PURPOSE
The Outside Sales Representative will be representing the Wilmar Brand, calling on existing and new customers (Apartment Communities, Property Managers, and Maintenance Supervisors). You will be responsible for maintaining existing customer base and increasing account base and sales by qualifying and opening new purchasing business accounts. Responsible for the direct marketing of MRO products to onsite property personnel of new and existing customer accounts. MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Seek and grow opportunities to increase business and account base by qualifying and opening new business accounts utilizing sales techniques to cross sell, up-sell and provide professional customer service.
- Maintain and develop good customer relationships, rapport and satisfaction and learn and apply new product knowledge to enhance sales and personal professionalism.
- Gather competitive information and other market trends on a weekly basis; interact with other departments (marketing, purchasing, and credit) and national distribution centers to resolve customer service issues.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Typically reports to Sales/Account Manager
- Typically located in a comfortable indoor area. From time to time, sales professional may be required to lift up to 50 pounds safely without assistance
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
A little about us:
We recognize that military members are adept, motivated and hardworking. That’s why we made a commitment in 2012 to hire 55,000 veterans in 5 years!