Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management is the leading provider of comprehensive environmental solutions services in North America, serving more than 21 million customers in the U.S. and Canada. Being number one means WM invests in our Sales teams' success by providing state-of-the-art technology, processes, and the best leadership in the industry.
Our exceptional sales professionals do so much more than sell product lines- We are educators and leaders, with a passion for helping businesses through materials management, recycling, energy, and sustainability solutions. Waste Management is both a Selling Power Magazine Top 50 Best Companies to Sell For, and named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Job Summery
As an Outside Sales Representative (OSR), you will call on primarily small and medium-sized commercial accounts in a field-based position to generate new sales. You will be responsible for developing and implementing sound selling strategies to new prospects and for achieving budgeted sales goals. The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication skills, be adept at contract negotiations, and have the ability to build a strong pipeline that ultimately leads to winning new business. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
• Establishes and maintains a high level of customer satisfaction. Communicates to and works with the Outside Sales Manager to resolve unique customer issues.
• Effectively manages prospects by developing sound marketing plans and maintaining key information in the prospect database.
• Meet or exceeds sales activity goals.
• Matches Waste Management services with customer needs by demonstrating knowledge of customers, pricing and competition; effectively communicates pricing and service strategies; proactively engages other Waste Management business opportunities, referring internally as appropriate.
• Effectively uses Waste Management sales productivity software tools (i.e. Prospect and Customer Database, Proposal Program, Pricing Tools, etc.).
• Uses in depth industry and company knowledge, prepares complex proposals and makes recommendations on equipment optimization and leasing options.
• Proposes customer solutions that are compliant with appropriate local, state and federal regulations.
Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited) or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4 years of sales experience.
- Experience: 1 years of work experience (in addition to education requirement), in direct sales, cold calling, and phone based prospecting resulting in successfully obtaining customer appointments.
This is a field-based position. This position is eligible to participate in sales compensation and recognition programs upon successful completion of sales orientation and/or training programs.
Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Build Relationships
- Communicate With Impact
- Demonstrate Adaptability
- Demonstrate Integrity and Courage
- Demonstrate Professionalism
- Initiate Action
- Produce Results
- Think Strategically
- Focus On Customers
- Gain Commitment
- Influence and Negotiate
- Manage Work/Time
- Plan and Organize
- Use Ethical Practices
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
Waste Management, Inc. is North America's leading provider of integrated environmental solutions.