is looking for an Outside Sales Specialist
for our Cenex® branded products in the Red Oak, IA
area. You must be able to make decisions, work independently, and in a team environment. You must be detail oriented with excellent communication skills both verbal and written. This opportunity has growth potential and offers mobility within CHS.
- Partner with customers to achieve retail sales goals and execute sales plans primarily at the producer level. Identify opportunities to provide consultative services for businesses and customers.
- Utilize fundamental sales principles & practices, as well as acquiring product, customer, industry, and company infrastructure knowledge applicable to improving sales, marketing and consulting skills. Act on opportunities or pass them on to more experienced staff members and shadow the process.
- Develop customer lists to include current and prospective customers.
- Call on current and prospective customers, focusing on representing the assigned co-op, building relationships and promoting CHS products.
- Prepare basic and assist with moderate to complex, bids and proposals.
- Develop or participate in the development of straightforward customer presentations.
- Obtain information on market and industry trends, competitors and sales programs.
- Build customer relationships by providing proactive service though identifying customer needs and responding promptly.
- Build working knowledge of energy products.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Training Provided by CHS:
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Product Training
- CHS Sales Training
- National Sales Certification available
- Computer Training on Software
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- High school diploma or equivalency
- Up to 2 years outside sales experience to include: presentations, utilizing persuasive negotiation skills, customer service, conflict resolution, and working independently
- Proficient in MS Office Suite: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Agriculture or other business related program
- Additional outside sales experience to include: presentations, utilizing persuasive negotiation skills, customer service, conflict resolution, and working independently Petroleum, Refined Fuels, or Lubricant experience
- Experience developing marketing plans, calculating margins, and profit
- Mechanical understanding of equipment
A little about us:
CHS is proud to offer veterans a place to grow their careers. Driven by the values of the farm families who own CHS, our employees focus on helping farmers raise healthy crops.