Airgas is a leading U.S. producer of atmospheric gases with 16 air separation plants; a leading producer of carbon dioxide, dry ice, and nitrous oxide; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products; and a leading U.S. supplier of refrigerants, ammonia products, and process chemicals.
More than 17,000 associates work in approximately 1,100 locations, including branches, retail stores, gas fill plants, specialty gas labs, production facilities, and distribution centers.
Airgas also markets its products and services through e-Business, catalog, and telesales channels. Its national scale and strong local presence offer a competitive edge to its diversified customer base. We are currently seeking an Outside Sales Support Specialist to join our team in Dothan, AL. JOB SUMMARY:
Under general supervision, the Outside Sales Support Specialist serves customers by assisting Account Manager and branches with selling products to businesses, industrial and medical establishments, or individuals at sales office, store, showroom or customer's place of business. Meets customer's needs and resolves customer's problems. Candidate must also be able to prioritize multiple tasks with good written, oral and interpersonal communication skills. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Services existing accounts; obtains orders; and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential customers/prospects by traveling throughout territory or talking with customers on sales floor or telephone.
- Submits corrections for any errors, including misapplied payments, reversed late charges, and over payments.
- Obtains approval from credit department for new accounts.
- Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, preparing memos/reports, and making recommendations to management.
- Protects operation of company by keeping financial, production, sales and marketing information and plans confidential.
- Maintains the corporate image and philosophy in all contact with co-workers, customers
Qualifications: EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Support the branch with administrative tasks
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- 2 years of customer service experience
- Working experience with SAP and other computer order entry system.
- Computer proficiency with Word & Excel
- Frequent bending. Prolonged standing or sitting. Frequent finger manipulation required for typing, computer and/or calculator
- Excellent customer service & communication skills
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadline
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Airgas offers a competitive compensation and benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life, disability insurance, 401(k) plan, and more).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, self-starter, self-motivated, sense of urgency, personable, extroverted personality, well organized, ability to achieve goals, ability to focus and pay attention detail.
- Working knowledge of business English, spelling, and arithmetic; office practices and procedures; departmental rules and regulations.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and to request clarification when needed.
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, rations, and proportions to practical solutions.
- Ability to read speaks, write, spell and understand the English language.
- Moderate work processing skills including windows.
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and background.
- Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.