Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Operations is one of the largest divisions in the firm and has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, the Operations department continually seeks ways to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
Institutional Securities Group (ISG) Product Operations encompasses two functionally aligned organizations. The first, Trading & Client Operations, provides Operations functions in direct support of activity executed by Institutional Sales &Trading. The second, Clearing Operations, provides Operations functions in direct support for activity cleared by Morgan Stanley on behalf of our clients in Prime Brokerage, Listed Derivatives, and OTC Derivatives. The broad organization partners closely with Sales and Trading to develop and implement new products and services as well as drive efficiency and reduce risk in our processes. At all times we are focused on delivering quality service to clients both internal and external. ISG Product Operations partners closely with Shared Services and Banking Operations as well as Branch Operations and Operations Risk & Control to deliver a connected 'front to back' view of operations to ISG Sales and Trading.
Manage regulatory, new business and efficiency projects to bring about major change to Morgan Stanley's Collateral Management and Client Settlement platforms for all cleared products. This will involve leading requirement analysis workshops, writing requirement documents, constructing test plans, coordinating integration and user acceptance testing and managing release go lives for timely implementations.
The successful candidate will be tasked with ensuring Morgan Stanley continues to deliver strategic global business process and technology based solutions for both over the counter and listed derivative operations. The candidate will be expected to interact with senior managers in Product Operations to understand and enhance existing processes (e.g. improve existing trade capture processes, streamline the e-trading architecture and eligibility rules engine). Throughout the life-cycle of the program, the candidate will be expected to interact with senior stakeholders in all impacted areas to develop strong relationships, provide project updates and understand key client and firm priorities.
- Act as project manager, own the assigned projects, initiate and coordinate the necessary changes until timely resolution
- Provide regular project status updates to the stakeholders and the senior change management, identify and escalate project risks
- Collect, assess and document business requirements, complete the necessary analysis of product data, define required use cases, recommend implementation priorities and advise clients on recommended solution alternatives, benefits and costs
- Coordinate sign off on requirements
- Create project plan, record delivery milestones in agreement with the IT partners and stakeholders, establish project governance and structure for larger scale change initiatives
- Collaborate with technology in designing the best solution and monitor implementation
- Prepare user acceptance test cases, coordinates user testing with all the impacted stakeholders
- Hold demo sessions and train the users on the newly developed systems and tools before handing it over to the Run-The-Bank Operations team
- Notify end users of scheduled changes as well as production issues
- Understand a Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and the AGILE approach and how it is applied in the daily change management
- Bachelor's degree required
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written to communicate with global users
- Strong customer/client relationship skills
- Solid experience in Project Management
- Strong analytic and problem solving/process improvement skills
- Ability to learn quickly and solve poorly defined problems
- Multi-task and prioritize tasks according to criticality
- Perform cost/benefit analysis and communicate value proposition
- Effectively coordinate individuals in other divisions
- Question accepted wisdom and challenge the experts
- Think strategically and provide insight into how to improve existing business and technology processes
- Manage a diverse portfolio of work across a variety of areas
- Deal with ambiguity and decipher business unit lingo
- Analyze requirements and determine testing mechanisms
- Product knowledge on all cleared/custody products (e.g. Listed Derivatives, Cleared Derivatives, Cash Equity)
- Understanding of current market trends and major regulatory changes)
- Awareness of the exchange and CCP landscape
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.