Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
Get on the fast track to a more rewarding career with National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car - teams that are committed to quality, innovation, customer satisfaction and employee development.
We are a multibillion-dollar industry leader that is rapidly expanding and growing. At National and Alamo, exciting careers and opportunities are made possible, because how far you go is really up to you. It's a fast-paced, people oriented business that offers incredible earning potential and performance-based promotions.
Our philosophy is to take care of our customers and employees first. We know if we do this, success will follow - for both our company and our employees.
National and Alamo has an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Technician. The Maintenance Technician performs car and bus service, repair, preventive maintenance, in-fleeting service, and buy back/turn back service according to company policy and procedures. This is a position of routine difficulty requiring the exercise of reasonable judgment and initiative. Performs all responsibilities with a focus on the needs of our customers and in accordance with our Quality Standards.
Interested candidates must be able to work one of the following schedule:
11pm-7:30am OFF Wed/Thurs
Compensation range $13.15 - $19.90 per hourResponsibilities:
Ensure all repairs and preventative maintenance are completed according to the manufacturer's specifications and guidelines.
Provide safe and reliable vehicles upon completion of repairs and preventative maintenance.
Perform in-fleet servicing on new cars according to company procedures as required.
Perform buy back/turn back servicing according to company procedures as required.
Perform vehicle servicing/repairing to maintain company standards; maintain Out-Of-Service at or below 2%.
Maintain safe and clean work area.
Perform other related duties as required.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
- Must have a valid US driver's license for a minimum of 1 year
- Must have satisfactory background check inclusive of driving (no more than 2 moving violations and/or at fault accidents, and no drug or alcohol related conviction on driving record in the last 3 years) criminal, employment reference, education, and social security. A conviction will not necessarily disqualify you for employment. Rather, such factors as age and date of conviction, seriousness and nature of the crime, and rehabilitation will be considered.
- In accordance with Washington, DC law, applicants will not be asked about their criminal record, and no criminal background checks will be conducted, unless and until a contingent offer of employment has been extended.
- In accordance with Prince Georges County, MD and Montgomery County, MD law, applicants will not be asked about their criminal record and no criminal background checks will be conducted until after a successful first interview has been conducted.
- 1 year of automotive training at an accredited tech school or a minimum of 1 year of work experience performing mechanical services at an automotive repair shop/dealership.
- ASE, VA State Inspection /Emissions Cert. preferred but not required
- Requires ownership of standard hand tools to perform basic maintenance and repair responsibilities
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the job (heavy lifting, vacuuming cars, bending down, moving quickly, and working outside) with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Apart from religious observations, must be able to work the required schedule:
11pm-7:30am OFF Wed/Thurs
A little about us:
Integrity. Responsibility. Team spirit. At Enterprise, we were founded on the same values that defined your military career.