Merchandising Execution Associates (MEAs) perform in-store merchandising service activities such as plano-gram maintenance, seasonal changes in product displays, product organization, display maintenance, and special projects designed to enhance the customer experience. MEAs execute merchandising strategies and ensure product is displayed correctly to drive sales and maximize inventory turns. MEAs work in teams under the supervison of a Merchandising Execution Area Supervisor, and often provide service to multiple departments in the stores. MEAs take direction from the Area Supervisor (MEAS) and or Merchandising Execution Managers (MEM) . MEAs must build and maintain strong relationships with store personnel and provide superior customer service to both internal and external customers. MEAs service a multi-store territory which will require daily travel to different store locations.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities:
Maintain product sets in accordance with Merchandising direction, which includes but is not limited to:
- Read and interprets plan-o-gram to ensure set compliance.
- Straighten, clean and merchandise product to ensure merchandise is presented in a visually appealing
- Organize product and perform focused packdown on low stock and out-of-stock products utilizing store lift
- Maintain, straighten and clean shelves, fixtures, displays and product. Maintain up to date paperwork that
coordinates with the MET service standards.
- Build displays and maintain display material
- Maintain, order, and install material/signage
- Replace damaged or missing price labels
- Maintain aisle cleanliness and shop-ability so that merchandise is accessible and customers are able to
move throughout the aisles easily
- Partner with store leadership to markdown all damaged or un-sellable merchandise
- Walk cross-merchandising locations and fill product as needed per direction of the Area Supervisor
Execute approved projects including short term vendors initiatives.
- Execute approved projects requested by store, district, and regional leadership.
- Describe features and benefits of product to store associates on new items when project specifies.
- Explain steps needed to complete project, and products needed, when assisting a customer.
- Suggest related items/ services outside of department that customers may need for project. Participate in
monthly training curriculum.
Execute Seasonal resets as assigned.
Utilize store systems to access merchandising reports. Read, interpret, and execute action based on findings.
- Track and record all hours worked per project.
Nature and Scope:
Merchandising Execution Associates report to the Merchandising Execution Managers, and take daily
direction from Merchanising Execution Area Supervisors.
No direct responsibility for supervising others.
Environmental Job Requirements:
4. Usually in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors causing moderate physical
discomfort from such things as dust, fumes or odors.
1. Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Standard Minimum Qualifications:
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must pass the Drug Test.
Must pass Background Check.
Must pass pre-employment test if applicable.
8. The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas
Work Experience Required: 0
Must continuously stand or walk or regularly requires lifting/handling/carrying material or equipment of
moderate weight (8-20 pounds).
Must have a valid state drivers license and proof of insurance
Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
Must have reliable transportation
Requires daily non-overnight travel up to 100% of the time.
1. Experience working in retail merchandising service industry or working directly for large scale retailer.
2. Basic computer skills with knowledge of web-based applications.
3. Experience working on teams, with heavy reliance on team work to accomplish goals.
4. Knowledge of lift equipment, tools and procedures necessary to do job successfully.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
1. Drives Execution & Self Motivated: Demonstrates a high ability to deliver results without close supervision despite a large workload, competing demands, and fast-paced environment. Ensures tasks are completed on time, without error, and meet quality standards.
2. Communication: Displays a high level of responsiveness to peers/co-workers, managers, customers, store level associates, and district/regional leadership.
3. Customer Driven: Provides outstanding customer service to both internal and external customers. Follows through on responsibilities to customers.
4. Safety Orientation: Prioritizes safety of self and others in approach to daily tasks. Follows all safety policies and procedures. Identifies and corrects safety hazards.
5. Attention to Detail: Stays attentive and aware, catches errors before completing assignments, and maintains high quality standard for work.
6. Promotes Teamwork: Build and maintains positive working relationships with co-workers and effectively handles interpersonal conflict situation