Responsible for the daily process oversight of the accounts payable environment. Works cross functionally within Applied Materials. Interacts with all suppliers up to and including the CFO and other company leadership.
• Functions with high degree of independence decisions on issues, solutions and risk relative to Accounts Payable transactions.
• SME of all applications and systems feeding into AP including customer service and help desk delivery.
• SME of all business processes and policies of AP.
• Supplier escalation management
• Provides account reconciliation support for AP GL related accounts
• Performs in depth analysis of accounts, leveraging such tools as Excel
• Project support including system and process testing and implementation, formal test script development, and new business integration.
• Cross functional solution partnering for upstream process breakdowns or new business needs.
• Heavy interaction, verbal and written, with suppliers and the internal procurement community.
• Audit and monitoring of process quality using formal assessment models.
Job Specific Knowledge
• Delegation management of issue resolution and problem solving.
• Decision making based on accurate analytics, knowledge of customer needs, knowledge of internal controls and corporate policies, and risk recognition.
• Expert organizational skills and mental agility under stress to move among issues and topics and systems with constant interruption and conflicting priorities without losing focus.
• Clear and effective communication.
• Good understanding of GL accounting
• Detailed analytical skills including extensive experience with Excel spreadsheets.
• Ability to work with unstructured input and move through an analytical process to derive proper decisions and solutions.
• Effective change agent and ability to project influence
• Systems and Tools: SAP ECC, Oracle
• Bachelor's Degree is preferred
• 7 years of experience, 4 years in Accounts Payable with understanding of related accounting and process controls.
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.