At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Package Engineer for the Film Manufacturing and Supply Chain Operations located in Menomonie, WI. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.Job Summary
The person hired for the position of Package Engineer
will design, configure and implement package and label solutions. The role will work closely with product engineering, logistics execution, production execution, and several other IT and business teams. The person hired in this position must have the ability to work in a highly cross-functional team to align designs and configuration for the organizations. This person will serve as plant lead for the SAP solution for label and packaging.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Modify and improve existing package designs, methods and/or solutions
- Lead the design, testing, and documentation of labels to support global business requirements
- Provide understanding for the capabilities and design limitations with labeling systems
- Facilitates and/or participates on cross-functional teams to develop process or product improvements, standard operating procedures, work instructions, training, and supporting documentation
- Follows and/or ensures compliance to prescribed federal, state, and international packaging regulatory requirements
- Identify and resolve label design issues through participation in label template design reviews
- Review all deliverables throughout the project lifecycle to ensure completeness, consistency, quality and requirement traceability
- Works with suppliers of packaging materials and/or contract packaging vendors to obtain price/cost estimates, sample/material needs and design requirements
- Maintain standards and regulated label template files and archives
- Lead application releases from requirements gathering, design, build, test, and deployment while following validation processes and procedures
- Manages and/or retrieves packaging and business data from corporate systems/databases to support analysis or improvements
- Serve as liaison between business clients, process, technical, deployment, and infrastructure teams
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university
- Packaging Science bachelor degree or higher from an accredited university
- Manufacturing or package engineering knowledge
- Experience working with a commercial labeling design application (Loftware, ELC)
- Excellent organizational, time management and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to influence others and work effectively in a team environment
- Experience working with SAP
May include up to 10%Relocation:
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain \"non-U.S. persons\" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, \"Temporary Residents\" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.