Healthcare Global Supply Chain
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Package Engineering Specialist
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Package Engineering Specialist provides technical leadership for the production team. Responsibilities include providing documentation and floor support associated with safety, manufacturing and quality methods, tooling, and equipment. Aggressively initiate new processes and methods that will improve safety, reduce product cost and/or improve product quality.
• Providing packaging expertise for product protection and efficient transport & delivery
• Drive improved product quality by identifying manufacturing issues, developing cost-effective solutions, and overseeing successful implementation into production.
• Work with Production Associates to resolve manufacturing and quality problems related to methods, processes, tooling, equipment and product design.
• Ensuring regulatory compliance through Validation & Verification. Responsible for determining processes requiring validation, development of plans and analysis criteria, execution and final analysis and acceptance.
• Monitor and improve productivity, while ensuring all customer commitments are met in a timely, quality and cost-conscious manner
• Troubleshoot production and packaging equipment and provide technical support where needed
• Specify and expedite planned maintenance routines on all production equipment and systems
• Driving LEAN manufacturing implementation
• Supporting GE Healthcare's Global Packaging Requirements document
Quality Specific Goals:
1. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
2. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
3. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required.
4. Knowledge and understanding of International Trade Compliance, identify, report and resolve any trade compliance issues.
5. Knowledge of operating within security programs such as CTPAT and AEO to ensure that warehousing, packaging and transportation requirements are met.
6. Knowledge and understanding of manufacturing/production process procedures and work instructions and operates within them to ensure compliance to quality system.
7. Ensures the creation of accurate, complete and timely records tied to product.
1. 1. B.S. Degree in Packaging, Mechanical, Manufacturing Engineering or related technical degree with a minimum of one year Packaging Engineering experience
2. Expertise in packaging engineering for small and large industrial products, especially related to shock, vibration and environmental protection for electronic products
3. Knowledge of the global transport environment for surface, air and ocean distribution
4. Knowledge of global material handling equipment and practices for large products
5. Knowledge of global hazardous material shipping regulations
6. Strong analysis capability with financial data to develop cost reduction business cases
7. Good computer skills, specifically using Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint
8. Ability to communicate using English
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
1. BS or MS degree in Packaging Engineering or a related Engineering field
2. Minimum of 3 years experience in packaging of large, heavy electronic products
3. Experience with shipping dollies and other material handling equipment
4. Experience with shock & vibration testing to ASTM D4169 and/or ISTA standards
5. Certification for shipping hazardous materials by Surface (49 CFR), Air (IATA) and Ocean (IMDG)
6. Experience with packaging related global environmental regulations
7. Ability to CAD model package designs and create Engineering drawings
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.