has an exciting opportunity in our Country Operations division with the Sunflower group. We are looking for a Packaging and Warehouse Worker
to assist in the daily operations of the plant. Primarily involved in warehousing, packaging, loading, sanitation, and inventory control. You must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and accuracy is a critical aspect of this position, including neatly kept records thorough accounting for lot quantities.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Operate scale and bag sealing equipment. Perform packaging performance checks per company policy, i.e. bag weight. Ensure package seal is done properly and neatly. Check for proper date code and make sure the code is readable.
- Maintain all food products in accordance with food safety requirements.
- Stack product in prescribed pattern and quantity per pallet. Product to be stacked on pallets straight and square.
- Visually check product for color, size, and contamination. Report variances to Supervisor.
- Operate forklift or other Powered Industrial Truck according to company policy.
- Clean and inspect all trailers before loading. Ensure orders are loaded accurately and properly. Any changes or problems should be reported the Supervisor immediately.
- Ensure work area is kept clean, orderly, and free of safety hazards..
- Perform routine maintenance of packaging equipment.
- Observe all safety and work rules, and practice GMP’s as set by Company policy.
- Maintain sanitation schedules as assigned by Supervisor.
- Record all daily production neatly and accurately on the production sheets.
- Perform other jobs assigned by Supervisor, Production Manager, and Plant Superintendent.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- High school diploma
- Understand and practice GMP’s to achieve food safety requirements.
- Must be able to lift 55 pounds (25KG).
- Must be able to read
- Employee is encouraged to maintain any special licenses that he/she has (Commercial Driver’s License, Fumigation License, etc.).
A little about us:
CHS is proud to offer veterans a place to grow their careers. Driven by the values of the farm families who own CHS, our employees focus on helping farmers raise healthy crops.