This position will be filled at L06, L07, L08 or L09 dependent on the candidates' current level within the Supply Chain Competency Assessment (SCCA) program.
The Processing/Pouching Business Unit Leader is responsible for leadership of safety, quality/food safety, production, cost performance, and employee relations within his/her department. This role is expected to maintain positive employee relations in a union-free work environment. The role has responsibility for 3 salaried leaders and ~45 hourly front-line team members across 5 days per week and across 9 production lines.
Qualifications/Requirements Minimum Job Requirements:
- Deliver all Safety, Quality, Service and Cost/Productivity targets.
- Maintain employee safety as a top priority within the department and ensure an effective and high quality safety program is maintained.
- Drive overall continuous improvement and capability development through leveraging TPM, LSS, and PBT to drive operations performance (true efficiency, cost, etc) and front-line engagement. In additional, provide support for Salaried and Hourly team members from his/her department to lead EHS and Quality Program Elements teams.
- Ensure that all finished products meet quality specifications, consumer complaint targets, master sanitation schedule completion and regulatory requirements (FDA/FSMA, F22K, AIB, QSHA).
- Support Productivity/Capability Leads to develop budgets for variable and fixed costs with Finance team and understand performance variances vs. budgets, and support delivery of productivity initiatives.
- Effectively lead and develop interpersonal skills within direct reports and shift teams, particularly the team leadership including the FLL/Team Leader, in an effort to drive and support a culture which maximizes innovation, participation, rewards and continuous improvement. A culture where high performance principles can flourish and become the standard, this being done through effective human relations focused on delivering results.
- Effectively demonstrate servant leadership to engage, empower, motivate, and develop hourly front-line team members, while also driving appropriate accountability for job performance when needed.
- Management of all regulatory, quality, and environmental requirements through education and execution within the Business Units.
- Build, develop and retain Salary talent by effectively leveraging PepsiCo's Career Growth and Leadership Models along with Performance Management Process (PMP), including PDR Objectives, Career Development, People Planning, and Supply Chain Competency Assessment (SCCA).
- A four (4) year college degree in technical or business field ideally
- A minimum three (3) years of work experience in food or beverage manufacturing, including hourly people leadership experience
- The Roni Packaging, Near East and Cups Departments consist of highly automated and complex machinery. The candidate must be knowledgeable concerning sophisticated processing and packaging machinery and materials being used.
- Experience leveraging TPM and LSS approaches
- Financial acumen, including cost performance accountability and productivity
- Communication, collaboration and influencing skills
Eligible for Standard Relocation
A little about us:
Our nation’s veterans bring unbeatable life experience, job skills and leadership to PepsiCo. Together We Win.