DePuy Synthes Companies, a
member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for
2017/2018 Global Packaging Development Engineering Co-ops to be located in West
DePuy Synthes Companies of
Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive
orthopaedic and neurological
business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled
breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction,
trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools
and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies,
we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in
today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights
to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance
patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
As a Co-op in Packaging Engineering,
you will have opportunities to interact with DePuy Synthes Product Development,
Regulatory, Sterility Assurance, Labeling Technology, Manufacturing and other
J&J Operating Companies. This
position requires a person who is enthusiastic, willing to learn, and
tenacious, as well as professional and articulate. You will be assigned to
specific projects under the supervision of a packaging engineer to perform a
variety of duties including:
- Design and develop packaging for metallic, non-metallic, and
- Build working relationships with Product Directors, PD Engineers,
Manufacturing, Regulatory Affairs, Sterility Assurance and others to develop
product packaging requirements and concepts.
- Responsible for technical aspects of packaging from product
concept through market introduction.
- Interact with outside suppliers for packaging design development,
evaluation, and testing.
- Support Manufacturing Operations with the implementation of
- Document all packaging and labeling design, development, and
testing to comply with FDA design control regulations.
- Know and follow all laws and policies that apply to one’s job, and
maintain the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all
- Candidate must be enrolled (not necessarily taking classes) in an
accredited college/university during the Spring (January - June), Summer
(May/June - August) or Fall (July - December) 2017/2018 Co-op session.
- Candidates must be pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Packaging
- Candidate must be available to work full-time (40 hours/week)
during the 2017/2018 Co-op session.
- Only students that have completed their freshman year or above
will be considered.
- A minimum G.P.A. of 3.0 is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership and/or participation in campus/community
service activities are desired.
- This position is located in West Chester, Pennsylvania.
- Students must be able to provide their own transportation to this
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States
and not require future sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B
status) now or in the future.
United States-Pennsylvania-West ChesterOrganization
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)Job Function