Monsanto Company, the leading provider of agricultural products and solutions, has an exciting opportunity for a Packaging Engineer
to join the Monsanto Packaging team. The position will be responsible for the design and development of quality and innovative packaging systems in support of our Seeds & Traits business and Chemical Manufacturing. This position will support one of the fastest growing sectors of our business; candidates must be willing to work in a fast paced, leading edge environment. Key Job Responsibilities:
- Drive the design and development of packaging systems for existing products and new pipeline products
- Create and maintain packaging specifications and drawings in our electronic database system
- Define technical parameters, prepare test plans and evaluate the packaging components and assemblies insuring regulatory and quality compliance with industry standards (EPA, FIFRA, etc) and Monsanto- specific manufacturing process and management of change (MOC) process
- Responsible for trouble shooting and problem solving of packaging issues
- Support Packaging Procurement team on supplier selection and supplier qualification
- Work with Packaging Procurement team to identify viable packaging options and alternatives to support cost reduction activities
- Work as a technical member of cross functional teams and manage multiple projects to meet established timelines through team building and leadership and communicate project status with key stakeholders.
- Travel: 20% domestic travel and potential international travel as required
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 3+ years of experience in project management and/or packaging engineering
- Good project management skill and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, execute and deliver projects on time
- Must have strong problem solving skills and demonstrated ability in exercising independent judgment in sound decision making.
- Must show record of taking responsibility and accountability for decisions and end results.
- Highly effective organizational skills, strong communications skills (verbal and written), and the ability to work with a range of personnel effectively (operators, engineers, plant leadership) are required.
- Degree discipline in Engineering (e.g. Packaging, Mechanical, Industrial, etc.), Supply Chain Management, or related area strongly desired
- Knowledge of Six Sigma / Lean
- Experience with validation methods/tools including: packaging stability, warehousing, distribution, customer interface, etc.
- Experience working in a Procurement or manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of CAD or other graphics design programs
- Previous packaging or project management experience in the agriculture industry
- Experience working in a matrix environment
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.