Project Manager in the Pepsi-Cola North America Package Development Group. A strong focus on carbonated beverage and water packaging. Develop and execute packaging optimization programs to deliver against PepsiCo's Productivity agenda.
- Actively manage new packaging development and initial commercialization to deliver PepsiCo Packaging Productivity Strategy
- Cross-functional project leadership
- Packaging expertise (lab scale to full production)
- Planning and communication skills
- Maintain open communication and build strong relationships with multiple functions.
- Provide subject matter expertise in support of new package development and commercialization.
- Develop deep understanding of strategic packaging components to support development of new packaging programs and contribute to troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Initiate and perform economic and technical feasibility studies on new packaging platforms delivered through technology shifts.
- Lead development and optimization of packaging specifications for all PCNA packaging formats.
- Provide technical support for field issue resolution.
- Create development and initial commercialization timelines for all projects.
- Build strong relationships with internal and external partners.
Qualifications/Requirements Education & Experience:
- Broad knowledge of packaging materials
- Analytical thinking
- Intellectual curiosity
- Strong project management skills
- Communication / presentation skills
- Packaging manufacturing processes
- Results driven
- Innovative thinking
- BS in Chemical, Mechanical, or Plastics Engineering with 5 plus years experience in related consumer goods field.
- Master in Business or Engineering a plus.
- Previous experience in the development and execution of complex packaging programs.
- Effective leader in cross-functional project teams.
- Experience in manufacturing processes for beverages.
Other Job Requirements:
- Experience with cold fill, retort and aseptic packaging.
- Experience with both flexible and rigid packaging a plus.
- Experience working with Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) or Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) companies a plus.
- This position will require flexibility in working hours to set up and complete scale-ups, plant trials, or plant startups that may extend past typical working hours.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects include budgets.
- Some field travel will be required, mainly in North America. International travel may be required to meet project and business objectives. 30-40% total.
Not Eligible for Relocation