Requires knowledge and experience in own discipline; still acquiring higher-level knowledge and skills. Builds knowledge of the company, processes and customers. Solves a range of straightforward problems. Analyzes possible solutions using standard procedures. Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction. Key Responsibilities
- Develop, implement, and maintain packaging designs for product assemblies and parts.
- Generate packaging piece-part and material specifications.
- Research and implement packaging materials, equipment, and methods that will benefit the business. Performs root cause analysis on packaging on simple failures and recommends corrective action.
- Identify and pursue cost-saving initiatives via changes in package designs, materials, equipment, processes, sourcing strategies, and any means under engineering control.
- Release specifications via Engineering Change Order process.
- Provide basic training and as-needed support to Packaging Engineer I.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Duties will vary according to the project in progress and/or the specific goals of the department in which the incumbent works.
- Demonstrates expanded conceptual knowledge in own discipline and broadens capabilities
- Understands key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work
- No supervisory responsibilities but provides informal guidance to new team members
- Solves problems in straightforward situations; analyzes possible solutions using technical experience and judgment and precedents
- Impacts quality of own work and the work of others on the team; works within guidelines and policies
- Explains complex information to others in straightforward situations
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2 - 4 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.