Your tasks and responsibilities
The Bayer US Packaging Services team is responsible for managing changes in packaging and labeling in a compliant manner consistent with company directives and industry regulations to fully support the supply of Bayer Healthcare products distributed in the US market. YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Packaging Engineering Co-Op, are to: Who you are
WHO YOU ARE
- Support the development of primary, secondary, and tertiary packaging structures by integrating the requirements of the project team, the packaging plant, and the component suppliers to develop the structural package designs
- Facilitates the resolution of problems during the development process to meet customers' needs;
- Actively supports manufacturing sites in all package changes as dictated by regulations, consumer's needs, manufacturing, or QA;
- Effectively utilizes key processes and tools (i.e. PLM, Barcode verification) and activities required in the package development process;
- Partner with internal and external customers to efficiently deliver vs. project objectives. Internal customers include US Pharmaceuticals, Consumer Care, Dermatology and Diabetes Care commercial functions (Marketing, Sales), R&D functions (Regulatory, Medical, Project Management), Supply Center functions (Quality, Change Management, Project Management), and BHC Global Supply Chain functions (Supply Managers, Technical Supply Managers, Project Management, Quality, Change Management) . External customers include contract manufacturers, graphic / pre-media vendors, carton and label vendors and related packaging service providers;
- Efficiently integrate Package Engineering project tasks with BHC US Packaging Services processes such as change management and label control as appropriate to ensure timely delivery vs. objectives.
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's Degree Master's Degree in Packaging Engineering or Packaging Science;
- Ability to work accurately and efficiently on multiple projects under tight timelines;
- Interest in Packaging Services processes such as product life cycle, packaging design, and change management;
- Strong computer skills - Microsoft Office;
- Good communication skills due to the cross-functional collaboration required with customers including project teams as well as initiatives involving Bayer Healthcare US and Bayer Healthcare global organizations.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below. Country:
United States Location:
A little about us:
Why Bayer? Because we’re a pioneer in the fields of human, animal, and plant health. Because we invent solutions that will create a sustainable future for our planet. Because a career with Bayer means you can put your passion into practice and make an impact.