Ethicon Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Packaging Machine Operator (3rd shift) to be located in San Angelo, Texas.
Ethicon, Inc. is a trusted, world-wide leader in surgical care. For over a century, Ethicon has continuously introduced innovations in wound closure, general surgery, wound management, women's health and urology and aesthetic medicine that fulfill the company's vision: Restoration of Body and of Life.
The Packaging Machine Operator is responsible for:
• Under minimal supervision, performs a variety of assignments in accordance to prescribed procedures and specifications relating to the process or equipment.
• Operates the SOLLAS machine, performing adjustments and tooling changes as needed.
• Complies with requirements ensuring packaging of product by box type and verification of documentation.
• Transfers packaged products to the In Test and/or Hot Room (if applicable).
• Obtains QA approval for the release of product for allocation to the shipping department.
• Complete required documentation.
• Complies with safety regulations and procedures.
• Maintains a clean and well-organized work area to enhance efficiency.
• Does any other work related tasks to achieve production goals.
• Will be held accountable for production efficiencies, strict compliance with process specifications, and Company standards of behavior.
• Must understand and demonstrate comprehension of the following but not limited to: English language, process specifications, and computer functions as required.
• Read, interpret and follow work instructions and training materials.
• Assess and input data into shop floor systems.
• As filled carts and sterilization platforms are received, check the router sheet to verify correct product count, product codes, and batch numbers prior to processing on SOLLAS machine.
• Reject damaged wrapping on dispenser boxes and reprocess on the SOLLAS machine.
• As product moves from SOLLAS, inspect the quality and condition of the dispenser boxes, noting the seals, tear tape position, and neatness.
• Check batch integrity and prevent mixed batches.
• Use HMS (Hot room Management System) to locate and log in batches into hot room after SOLLAS wrapping and to retrieve batches that have met hot room requirements and log out when physically removed.
• Use LIMS to locate batches after SOLLAS wrap to In-Test location.
• Use JDE to issue components for current operation and to transfer batch to next department.
• Must be able to work and communicate well with others, understand instructions, and work as a member of a team.
• Transport product from the machine kanban area and place it on the conveyor.
• Obtain and mount all raw materials needed to properly operate the SOLLAS machine in accordance to specification.
• Remove each dispenser box from the conveyor and place into the formed shipping box. Transfer the filled shipping box to the Hot Room or In-Test area.
• Handpack appropriate box type into shipping box as needed.
• Checks the flow of the product through the machine and the quality of the wrapping, making necessary adjustments in the alignment.
• Remove appropriate machine parts to release jammed boxes or torn wrapping. Reject any product that is not wrapped to standard. Remove the damaged wrapping and reprocess. Report worn parts and major machine maintenance concerns to an assigned mechanic.
• Ensures departmental practices, work areas, and equipment is kept in a safe and orderly fashion.
• Does any other work of a related nature and performs other work related duties as assigned.
• Follow current compliance regulations and standards.
• Works in accordance with Ethicon environmental policies and procedures.
• Must have good work habits (neatness, organizational skills, time management skills, etc.).
• Complies with all environmental, safety and occupational health policies. (i.e., ISO14001 & OSHAS18001)Qualifications
• High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required. Primary Location
• Must be able to perform basic mathematical calculations.
• Electrical or manufacturing training or certifications highly preferred.
• General computer skills, including MSOffice and data entry required.
• Experience in a manufacturing environment required.
• Previous experience using a pallet jack (manual and electric) preferred.
• Perform duties in a timely manner with little or no direction.
• Demonstrate the ability to set up equipment to specifications.
• Must be able to read orders, container numbers, shipping orders, and bills of lading.
• Ability to perform difficult work when only general to limited instructions are available.
• Associate must maintain an acceptable level of attendance and be able to support a continuous run manufacturing operation (24/7). Standard schedule is 12-hour shifts in a four on, four off rotation (630pm – 630am). Schedule will also include some weekends and holidays.
• Ability to obtain a passing score on a WorkKeys assessment
United States-Texas-San AngeloOrganization
Ethicon Inc. (6045)Job Function
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.